Technical Engineer – Proposals
Objective: The position is part of Ghantoot – Building Division main office tendering/proposals department involved in tender preparation and RFP’s submission.
Main Responsibilities : The following are the main responsibilities of the position:
1. Oversee and assist in prequalification preparation (RFPQ), and ensure the prequalification documents prepared by the office team in accordance with the Client’s instructions and requirements.
2. Attend to proposals technical sections and complete proposals schedules and or section as required by the RFP. This include but not limited to:
2.1 Completion of technical sections including all technical write up across all sections such as construction approach, logistic plans, proposed organization, and resources.
2.2 Coordinate with Estimating Team to ensure the following:
- Scope of Works are being covered by our estimates and costing
- Alternative construction methods are identified highlighted for saving on material, plant & equipment’s and other resources.
- Correct equipment’s are costed in the tender.
- Preliminaries are checked for accuracy and relevance to magnitude and scope of the project.
In the event of Design and Built scenario tenders,
3. The person required to coordinates with main design consultant on their submission section to ensure completeness and relevancy including formulation and communication of Tender Addendums.
4. Coordinate with MEP and other sub-consultant to ensure coverage of scope and relevant RFI’s are sent to client for clarification.
5. Ensure proposed project schedule crossed reference with the scope of work.
6. Coordinate and assist estimation team in finalizing sub-contractors’ scope and their respective quotes relevant to specified scope.
In the Case of Tendering with JV;
7. Participate with our JV partner in all review sessions and technical documentation preparation and be the focal point on non-commercial / estimation issues.
8. Assist in improving tendering process and tender preparation through documented lesson learned methodology.
9. Attend tenders site visits as required by the Client.
Reporting to : Commercial/Tender Manager
Subordinates : Quantity Surveyor
Other interactions : Heads of Departments
Number required : One (1)
Duration : Permanent
Desired start date : As Soon As Possible
Probation : As Per UAE Labour Law
Working hours : Sat-Thursday 8am-6pm
Travel requirements : Occasional travel within the country
Gross Monthly Base Salary: AED 14k - 20k depending on experience and qualification
Other Benefits: As per UAE Labour Law
University qualifications : Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering; Architecture; Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering
Previous experience : Seven (7) to Ten (10) Years practical experience completed at least one (1) whole project at site in order to understand construction process. Design experience is an added advantage.
Specialist knowledge : Computer and software applications, Interpretation of technical specifications, Method Approach, Analysis, Reporting and Communication.
About the Company
About the Company
Ghantoot Group is an organization which has varied business interests and has always come up with innovative business ideas. From civil works to electrical projects, marine works to landscaping and irrigation, pharmaceuticals to interior designing, Ghantoot Group is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services. It is managed by a team of highly motivated and committed professionals who have proven their expertise in their relevant discipline.The depth of our resources is reflected in the variety of projects we construct from roads to specialized electrical projects, toextensive landscaping and complex contracting. We've built it all and much more. Regardless of the scope of the project. Ghantoot Group works to meet the needs of our clients in the timeliest and most cost-efficient way and always with an eye to quality and safety.