Technical Lead - PMIS, SharePoint
PB (Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed as a programme management consultant to work on the new Makkah Public Transport Program (MPTP), which will include the new metro line and a major bus network.
Due to this we are currently looking to recruit a Technical Lead PMIS to join our team in Makkah.
This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to develop an enterprise project controls application for large infrastructure projects utilizing SharePoint as a delivery platform.
Technical Lead responsible for implementation of the PMIS platform for the MPTP Program. Responsible for liaison with internal stakeholders to identify priorities and work with remote development to ensure delivery of PMIS functionality on time as planned. Must have experience in Project Management, iterative development, SharePoint Enterprise 2010/2013, .NET and typical Microsoft Development Frameworks.
10 years professional experience
- Lead and manage the PMIS delivery process
- Lead requirements analysis definition phase and obtain consensus from program in terms of priorities, schedule
- Produce and manage delivery project plans for PMIS
- Identify and engage appropriate design, configuration and development resource
- Manage projects to agreed time, quality and cost metrics
- Identify hardware and hosting requirements in conjunction with remote team
- Lead procurement of hardware/software/services as required
- Ensure sign-off of user testing
- Manage handover of projects to operations following appropriate standard (e.g. ITIL)
- Ensure user training conducted
- Development and customization of new and existing SharePoint 2010/2013 applications and web parts
- Administering, developing and managing complex enterprise software solutions; commercial off the shelf packages or purchased components which are integrated with other systems and coded frameworks.
- Use of Visual Studio, SharePoint Web Interface, and SharePoint Designer for custom solutions.
- Implement provided SharePoint master pages, views, templates and other custom components.
- Validate SharePoint site topologies, customize user interfaces, and create branding features.
- 8+ years development experience with 4+ years designing and developing .NET projects
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years development experience with ASP.NET/C#
- SharePoint and/or .NET/Microsoft certifications are desired.
- Experience in deploying, configuring and customizing SharePoint 2010/2013
- Experience with object oriented analysis/design
- Knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and unit testing
- Experience with LINQ and Entity Framework
- Experience using Agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Experience in full life-cycle development, preferably on large projects
- Experience securing and optimizing applications
- Experience with relational databases including SQL Server (2005+) and Oracle (10g+)
- Experience integrating commercial off-the-shelf applications into SharePoint portals is highly desirable
- Must have strong experience working with JQuery and CSS
- Experience with automated deployment solutions like Nant or MSBuild
- Experience working with REST and ASMX services
- Experience in developing and deploying custom web services to SharePoint environments
- Experience working with Nintex workflow is a plus.
- As a strong senior .NET and SharePoint developer & administrator, we expect the candidate to know when to adopt strict adherence to SDLC over Rapid development and expect to have experience in deciding when to use Staging / Test environments versus production. SharePoint development, configuration and administration disciplines supports advanced solution delivery strategies. We expect senior candidates to have strong experience in this area.
- Experience in branding / developing custom solution.
- Experience in developing and deploying custom workflow activities in SharePoint designer in 2010.
- Experience / exposure to SharePoint 2013 application is a plus.
About the Company
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 32,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.
Candidates who applied for this job also applied for:
Information Specialist - Sharepoint
ATS Middle East
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
SQL / .NET Developer (C#, .NET, T-SQL, Web Services)
SQL DBA & Developer - Transferable Iqama Only
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)