Our client is one of the largest oil and gas operating companies in the World. They currently require a Technical Manager to join their ever expanding technical team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and progress with a company who look to promote from within.
- Provide technical assurance to management and assessment for the Project, to ensure that the definition, development and operation of any projects are undertaken to the required quality and standards.
- Manage/Guide the development and implementation of engineering components of the project at various phases of feasibility, basic design, detailed design, construction, commissioning and start up.
- Coordinate all defined stages of the project with joint venture partners and work closely with other project development and disciplines to ensure alignment of works across project
- Ensure alignment of activities with other interdependent areas and departments of the company by the way of reporting and regular interactions through the whole of the projects lifecycle from evaluation (pre-feasibility, feasibility), development (FEED) through to execution (EPIC) and handover to operations
- Evaluate the design concepts with regard to functionality, performance, reliability, availability, operability and cost
- Evaluate project execution plans, contracting strategies, and contractor / vendor competencies. And monitor the projects during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Identify and implement site efficiency improvement
- Represent the company at Technical Committee Meetings with JV partners;
- Provide technical assurance;
- Protect the interests of the company in technical matters;
- Ensure that facilities are defined and constructed such that anticipated production levels are achievable;
- The role will involve direct provision of the following services, or the contracting and supervision of consultants who will provide them:
- Evaluation of design concepts with regard to functionality, performance, reliability, availability, operability and cost;
- Evaluation of project execution plans, contracting strategies, and contractor / vendor competencies;
- Surveillance of project execution during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning;
- Attendance at TCMs as required;
- Technical and environmental risk and impact assessment; and
- Provide technical advice during analysis of potential investments and acquisitions.
- BSc degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 20 years post qualification experience, in which 5 years have been spent in a senior project management position within Oil and Gas project.
About the Company
About the Company
Fircroft is one of the world’s leading providers of solutions to specialist technical industries. The company was founded in 1970 to provide services to companies in the Oil & Gas sector.
We currently deliver professional services contracts on a preferred or sole supply basis with some of the world’s largest energy companies.