We are looking to hire a Technical Manager to be based in Saudi Arabia.
• The Technical Manager, Ports and Marine will undertake the responsibility of looking after all technical aspects of the Ports and Marine work, including the deliverables review, QA compliance, and technical coordination with clients, in addition to participating in the preparation of technical proposal and client meetings.
• The candidate should have an established experience in the design and coordination of Ports and Marine projects and an ability to be in charge of the technical leadership of a group of design engineers and technical resources.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Review of all key deliverables of the Ports and Marine projects, with a focus on their technical completeness, robustness, coordination, and QA compliance,
• Ensuring that the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) is followed and implemented in the group.
• Contributing to the technical proposals preparation in connection with the proposed technical methodology, scoping, deliverables identification and scheduling aspects,
• Attendance of technical meetings, workshops and discussions with clients to undertake technical coordination and facilitate their early review and approval of the deliverables.
• Supporting the group's project managers in coordinating, controlling and streamlining other disciplines input in multi-disciplinary projects.
• Leading the squad review sessions for the group's deliverables prior to their submission to clients.
• Supporting the ports planning effort in the group's projects.
• Assessing the technical work load of the group staff in view of the projects in hand and those in the pipeline and advising on any requirement to enhance/reinforce these resources.
• Coordinating and controlling the head design team input in connection with site supervision support.
• 10 -20 years experience with technical aspects of water utility projects, including sewage/water treatment plants, tunnels, reservoirs, pumping stations, outfalls, pipeline networks. Ability to produce high quality specifications and RFPs, and ability to provide assistance during bid evaluation process. Good understanding of commercial aspects of major EPC projects, and ability to work closely with commercial specialists. Good understanding of PM systems.
• Bachelor degree in civil, marine or structural engineering.
• Professional registration, e.g., PE, P.Eng, Chartered Engineer, is a plus
• Arabic language fluency is a plus.
Specific Skills required
The successful candidate should possess the following skills - as a minimum:
• Established knowledge of the technical aspects of maritime, port planning and operations.
• Ability to carry out the technical coordination of multiple Ports and Marine projects and multi-disciplinary projects having main Ports and Marine elements,
• Sound knowledge of the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) and other IMS/QA requirements.
• Ability to represent AECOM in technical meetings with clients, with a focus on attaining their satisfaction.
• Good technical write up capabilities to impress prospective Clients.
• Well developed presentation skills.
• Team player - able to work with all and communicate smoothly, yet firmly when AECOM's business interest requires.
• Able to work under pressure to accommodate difficult submission timelines of multiple projects that have to be delivered simultaneously.
• Result-oriented within the constraints of the acceptable quality standards.
• Able to gain client confidence with his character and working style.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.