After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Technical Support Engineer (Windows/Linux) – IT
From our base in Kuwait, we support all areas of our retail and warehouse operations. At the close of each trading day, all sales figures and stock movements are downloaded to our head office and to our partners via our secure state-of-the-art IT system. Careful analysis allows the correct decisions to be taken for each individual business unit. EPOS technology is installed in every outlet in each country, and a web enabled communications network is in place. Each international brand has its own dedicated management team to service their particular requirements.
Reporting to the IT Manager ,the Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the support ofÂ IT infrastructure environment.
* Provide first line of support to the retail stores, for all IT related issues
* Installation / maintenance / trouble shooting for the Linux Servers, Linux POS , Desktops, and printers in the stores.
* Routine monitoring maintenance and backups for the store server databases
* Will require to make regular store visits to perform regular maintenance checks
* Will require to work in shifts.
Skills & Experience:
* Degree in Engineering
* At least 2 years experience in IT support field.
* Experience on Linux & Windows OS (installation & troubleshooting)
* RHCE certification will be an added advantage
* Basic knowledge of MySql & scripting.
* Good knowledge of computer hardware / printers.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the worlds most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Changs, The Cheesecake Factory, Victorias Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshayas stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.