After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Technician (Automotive Workshop)
Position : Workshop Technician
Reporting to: Forman / Service Center Incharge
Job Grade : As per Zafco Grading System
To carry out a consistent and professional technical services (Tires, batteries, oil, mechanical work) complying with the workshop SOP and the company’s operational rules and guidelines.
• Understand the basic technical info about tires.
• To complete and fill the check list for each car enters your working bay.
• Update the job cards handled by the counter sales.
• Carry out the required work in the most efficient and professional manner.
• Update Counter sales on any additional jobs required.
• Update counter sales on any time delay required to finish a job.
• Report immediately in case of unfortunate accidental damages to workshop equipments, tools, Customer wheels or any part of his car.
• Maintain and be responsible for your (company coveralls, safety shoes and gloves)
• Maintain good hygiene.
• Keep work space, machines and tools clean and organized.
• Comply with the company’s health and safety rules and regulations.
• To play a key role in minimizing customer complaints by doing the job right from first time.
2. Internal relationships:
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with management and colleagues.
• Share knowledge and experiences to assist with the learning of other technicians throughout your branch department and other branches as well.
• Act as a mentor to other members of the technical team.
3. Ways of working:
• Promote and work to the Company’s culture through the Vision and Values.
• Implement and carryout work according to the company SOP “Standard Operation Procedure” policy.
• Constantly promote the Health and Safety approach within the department, ensuring that all necessary preventative and corrective Health and Safety actions are taken as required.
• Ensure full compliance to the accident-reporting process.
• Ensure the appropriate and professional usage of all company assets.
Clear communication (spoken)
Multi tasking / Time management
Competencies required: (the highest level is Expert)
Tires environment: (Knowledgeable to practice)
Automotive service: (Expert)
• Wheel Alignment
Other requirements needed:
High school graduated (Preferred)
Min 2 years experience in mechanical service sector
Knows how to read and write
Languages (English or Arabic is a must)
From automotive companies background.
About the Company
When it comes to automotive tyres, batteries and lubricants, ZAFCO has built a good reputation by offering high quality products to its customers. Over the years, ZAFCO haas become one of the most dependable distributors throughout the UAE and the GCC Region.
With two facilities in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi, ZAFCO remains to be the biggest importer and exporter of automotive tyres, batteries and lubricants. Since 1993, we have grown and spread across the globe, extending to more than 85 countries with over 800 satisfied customers. We have established a global presence with our branch / liaison offices in Brazil, Ecuador, Pakistan, Panama, Russia, Serbia, Thailand and USA. Plans to set up offices in India and Tunisia are underway.