After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Technician – Fiber Optic External Network Installation & Maintenance
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) is proud to be a full-service telecom provider for the people of Qatar and increasingly, as it expands its operations into overseas markets, for its customers around the world.
Our vision - To be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020 - is succinct, ambitious and achievable.
At Qtel, we are committed to rewarding, nurturing and retaining talent to help our employees achieve their potential. We have institutionalised global best HR practices to identify the potential of our employees and help them hone that talent by offering them a structured career path, counselling, training and development.
We are looking for the best-in-class talent to drive our business and propel our growth. Join us if you are looking for a job that makes the most of your talents.
Your job profile will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Execute Fiber Optic External Network Installation & Maintenance works. Supervise Fiber Optic Installation works and restore interrupted existing external fiber optic network in minimum set time.
• Supervise fiber optic external network installation works at field for the better provisioning of fiber optic services.
• Attend fiber optic cable damages and faults to restore the interrupted services immediately for better customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate with Qtel Planning, Data, Transmission and other sections for providing better services to Qtel valued customers.
• Plan the fiber optic network for providing permanent restoration of affected services.
• Plan & execute Fiber Optic changer over works and attend scheduled outages.
• Prepare BOQ, Main WOs, WO issues & provide work orders to contractors with relevant drawings and other details to execute the works.
• Carry out site inspection and close the work orders.
Maintain all installation & Maintenance related reports & documents.
Carry out quality evaluation of new products & stock items.
• Provide necessary training to attendees of new contractors during familiarization period.
• Take appropriate action for the provisioning & restoration of fiber optic services.
• Enhance customer satisfaction by prompt provision of fiber optic services and ensuring quick restoration of affected fiber optic services.
• Utilise the resources effectively and efficiently.
• Plan & schedule major projects to complete the project in time.
• Resolves problems encountered by customers and Qtel contractors directly or in coordination with immediate superior.
• Support Installation & Maintenance teams to resolve field problems.
• Establish clear communication with customer, superior and other Qtel staff involved for day to day activities.
• Clearing Fiber Optic faults within target time
• Provision of fiber link within planned time
• Coordinate with other departments like Planning, Data, Transmission etc for providing better services to customers
• Exchange knowledge & field experience with peers & superiors.
• Provides necessary guidance to engineers/representatives of the registered contractors.
• Decision to be taken at site to restore affected services immediately
• Decision to be taken at site for any changes in planned works, for the timely provision of services to customers.
• Delay in provision of services & restoration of services would affect customer satisfaction.
• Quality of installed networks affect the level of quality of services provided to customers
• Higher Secondary School Certificate or Vocational Trade Certificate in Telecommunication or equivalent with minimum 5 years experience.
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.