Trade Finance Officer
To coordinate and manage various activities of MENA desk as a Director/ Associate Director to achieve revenue/income target through providing trade finance solutions to the clients of MENA region, especially financial institutions.
To develop strategies of MENA Desk identifying market trends and client’s requirement supporting the head of MENA Desk.
1. To achieve revenue/income target through delivering trade finance products to the clients in MENA region through drawing their requirements, delivering solutions to them by structuring schemes and concluding the transactions.
2. To develop strategies and supervise the process supporting the head of MENA Desk to achieve revenue/income target of both MENA Desk and overall revenue/income of GTFD EMEA
3. To maintain good relationship with clients, suppliers, off-takers and competitors etc. to develop and update industry knowledge, understanding on market trends and client’s requirements
Compliance with local, UK, Japanese, and any other relevant laws/regulations is required in accordance with company policy as well as instruction from compliance officers and compliance related divisions
Key Performance Indicators:
• To coordinate and manage MENA Desk supporting the head of MENA Desk
• To develop strategies to achieve revenue/income target
• To deliver trade finance solutions to clients through innovating/ structuring schemes
• To supervise up to execution of transactions. i.e. presenting to credit committee, obtaining credit approvals and closing documentations
• To manage and promote relationship with Bank’s clients
• To promote cross-selling of the Bank’s products and services to clients
• To maintaining good condition of the Bank’s assets
• To minimise the loss of the Bank’s assets through credit monitoring, and to support the control of the Bank’s problematic loans, i.e. through Self Assessment, Close Watch Report, Action Plan and Monitoring Report.
• To co-work and liaise in team-work spirit within MENA Desk, GTFD EMEA and other GTFD office’s staff as well as with other related divisions and departments of the bank
Must be currently working in trade finance in the Middle East
• Industry/market knowledge of key financial institutions and trade finance clients
• Marketing skills to access and develop relationship with key financial institutions and trade finance clients
• Technical knowledge to structure schemes and organize transactions, deliver solutions in trade finance area
• Skill to analyze underlining risks and mitigate risks to the Bank’s satisfaction
• Capability to develop strategies in trade finance arena
• Communication skills internally and externally
• Advance credit analysis skills
• Computer literacy
• Product knowledge of trade finance, such as Letter of Credit, confirmation, discounting, forfeiting, risk part in & out, structured trade finance etc
• Knowledge of the Bank’s internal rules and procedures
• Legal/documentation knowledge
• Monitoring/Risk Management knowledge related to trade finance
• Exit/Disposal skill of trade finance assets in the market
• Arabic skills
• Proactive sales
• Self starter
• Innovative thinking to deliver solutions
• Team work
• Time management
• Adapting to changing business strategy and priorities
• Adapting to changing credit policy and/or risk management policy
• Adapting to changing procedures
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.