Training & Development Manager
Shalina Group Companies
• Reporting to GM Sales, the person will be accountable for the development, delivery, and quality assurance of training strategies, plans and process to support organizational goals. This will be done by new hire training as well as recurrent training which gives staff the skills, knowledge, understanding, practical skills and motivation to carry out work related tasks.
• Identifying learning and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Business Managers.
• Designing and developing learning and development programs based on the organisation’s and individual needs.
• Recommend solutions for performance issues and potential areas of training.
• Develop a full package approach for all positions
• Considering the costs of planned programs and keeping within budgets—assessing the return on investment of any learning and development programs
• Producing Training materials for in-house courses and co-ordinate with external faculty for the appropriate material.
• Managing the delivery of learning and development programs
• Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees
• Evaluation learning and development programs
• Manage, lead, motivate and develop training team members
• A Graduate in any discipline with a Post-Graduate Diploma or MBA in Marketing.
• Proven track record with a minimum 10 years experience in either a Pharma and/or FMCG environment.
• At least 5 year previous work experience in Training and Development is a must.
• PC skills required: MS Word, Excel, Word, Power Point & MS Access.
• Good written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English and French essential.
• Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
• Organizational and planning skills
• Facilitating and presentation skills
• Personal commitment to improving ones own knowledge and skills
About the Company
About the Company
Shalina Group is a privately owned umbrella for our principal activities in two business verticals: copper mining and production as well as pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution. Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives are implemented through our foundation.
Shiraz Virji, our Chairman, founded Shalina Healthcare in 1981 after developing the concept of high quality but low cost medicines for the African market. He opened our first wholesale pharmacy in Kinshasa, DRC. Over the following fifteen years, the Shalina brand became well known across the DRC and the company diversified into neighbouring west African countries including Ghana, Nigeria and Angola. Today, Shalina Healthcare has operations in 6 African countries and is pursuing an aggressive expansion plan.
Shiraz Virji founded Shalina Resources in 2001 beginning with small-scale cobalt mining and mineral processing. Through systematic reinvestment into the business and a clear expansion plan, the company witnessed high levels of organic growth. By 2002, Shalina Resources produced 500 tonnes per annum of copper salts and 240 tonnes per annum of cobalt salts through precipitation. Shalina Resources acquired the rights to the Etoile mine in 2003 and over the next seven years put in place Solvent Extraction and Electro Wining processing facilities. Today, Shalina Resources is close to achieving production of 30,000 tonnes per annum of copper cathodes (LME grade A quality) and 3,000 tonnes per annum of cobalt.
Throughout the Group's history, we have had a strong commitment to social responsibility. The Shalina Foundation was set up as a vehicle through which to undertake our CSR activities and we donate a significant portion of profit to the Foundation on an annual basis. We are committed to developing the communities in which we operate: through funding and building regional infrastructure and also giving opportunities to local Congolese people through training and long-term career options.
The Shalina Group headquarters are in Dubai, with operating offices in London, India, China and across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Group directly employs over three thousand people in all its different operations.