• Provide a professional maintenance service to one of the biggest operator in Oman.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• The first technical owner of VAS issue;
• To be responsible of the KPI and SLA of VAS;
• To be first responsible of escalation of network critical alarms and problems;
• Second line support with necessary expertise to resolve issues escalated from first line diagnostics
• Provide guidance and implementation for software delivery and upgrades
• Provide technical reports to identify cause of problems, and give preventive guidance to avoid same problem happen again
• Escalate the trouble ticket to Third Line when they cannot solve it, and monitor it until solved
• Prepare implement plan and call review meeting for Service Provisioning
• Configure needed resources for Service Provisioning
• Fulfill the Service configuration and activation according to plan for Service Provisioning
• Network and service performance data collection
• Assist in specifying performance measurement parameters, such as type of data and collection frequency
• Set-up and initiation of data collection
• Collection and administration of performance data
• Performance reporting
• Compilation of reports based on network performance data
• Performance report administration
• Periodically evaluate the Network subscriber growth patterns and assess these trends
• Prepare implement and rollback plan and call a review meeting for configuration request
• Fulfill the configuration plan for configuration request
• Record and report the process and final effect for configuration request
• Network resource utilization monitoring
• Traffic monitoring
• Traffic management/analysis
• Recommendation of the capacity expansion
• Fulfill the capacity expansion
• Routine Inspection
• Main nodes to take care:
Node/Service Supplier SW Version
SMSC2 Convergys SMSC 7.6.1
SMSC3/4 (geo-redundant) Convergys SMSC 7.6.1
Report Server Convergys RS 7.2
VMS & V-SMS (Voice Mail & Voice SMS) Convergys VMS 6.9.7
SMPP-GW Convergys 7.6.4
MCN (Missed Call Notification & Notify-Me Convergys 7.1.5
USSD Telenity 2.3
RBT (Ring Back Tone) Telenity CoolRings 220.127.116.11
RSC (Roaming services center) Telenity 2.2
(Welcome & Bon-Voyage)
SDP (service delivery platform) Telenity CSP 2.0
MMSC Ericsson MMC R5.0 FD02
WAP GW Ericsson MIEP 4.0
ADC & OTA (Aut device configuration) Ericsson (Synapse) ADC 3.0
Collect Call OHI (6Dee) 1.5
WAP/Web Portal Wireless Media 2.6.18
Streaming Server (Mobile TV) Wireless Media 2.6.18
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical & Electronics) / Telecommunications / Computer Science/ or related fields.
• Minimum 2 years or more experiences as VAS back office engineer or related VAS positions.
• Preferable with experiences on VAS platforms of specific vendors like Convergys, Telenity, OHI, Wireless Media, Ericsson.
• Preferable with experiences on VAS systems like SMSC, SMPP-GW, VoiceMail, VoiceSMS, RBT, SDP(Service Delivery Platform), RSC(Roaming Service Center), USSD, Collect Call, WAP/WEB Portal, Mobile TV, MMSC, WAP-GW, ADC & OTA, MTA(Mail Transfer Agent).
• Good knowledge in operating systems like Windows, Red hat or SUSE Linux, SUN Solaris and etc.
• Good knowledge in database like MySQL, SQL, Oracle and etc.
• Good knowledge of shell scripting.
• Good knowledge in Network, Switch, Router, Firewall, TCP/IP protocol and etc.
• Good Troubleshooting skills.
About the Company
About the Company
Huawei is a leading telecom solutions provider, owned entirely by its employees. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom network infrastructure, application & software, devices and professional services. With comprehensive strengths in wireline, wireless and IP technologies, Huawei has gained a leading position in the All-IP convergence age. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world's population.
Huawei' s vision is to enrich people's lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin. In order to tackle increasing climate challenges, Huawei has deployed a wide range of green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption and carbon emissions, contributing to the sustainable development of the social economy and the environment.