After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Visual Merchandiser – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Visual Merchandiser - IKEA Yas Island
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furniture store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
We are currently looking to recruit a Visual Merchandiser to be based in IKEA Yas Island store. In this role you will be responsible for:
* Planning and coordinating the execution of accessory shops, shop windows, activity podiums, perimeter breaks, self-serve, Swedish Food MarketÂ and Exit CafÃ© displays in the IKEA
* Ensuring the integrity of the IKEA concept and brand
* In co-operation with the 1st Interior Designer ensuring that functional and inspirational display solutions are in line with running commercial activities
* Ensuring the synergy between the Visual Merchandisers and Interior Designers teams
* Together with the Sales and In-Store Logistics teams, implementing the projects or daily sales steering activities efficiently with the use of IKEA display solutions, communication and sales methods
* Supporting the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar
* Supervising and motivating the Visual Merchandisers team
* Ensuring cost-effective, safe and environmentally friendly display solutions implementation in line with local legislation
* Following IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store
* Resourcing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of home furnishing solutions within the local market
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* A minimum 3 - 5 years of retail interior design or visual merchandising experience
* A proven ability to visualise, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
* Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
* A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of MS Office and design related software programs (AutoCAD)
* Leadership skills
* Decision making ability
* Passion for interior design and home furnishing
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.