Visual Merchandising Manager
Duty Free Stores Galleria (DFS Galleria)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Located in the Abu Dhabi International Airport this role reports directly to Managing Director Abu Dhabi Duty Free Operations. Dotted line report to Regional VM Manager
Direct Reports 2 Visual Merchandisers and 2 Sign and Production Assistants
The Visual Merchandising Manager (VMM )Partners with relevant internal departments (including Global Visual Merchandising Directors, Merchandising, Marketing, Store Operations, Warehouse teams) and Vendors to ensure the Visual Merchandising team deliver the store, brand image and merchandise presentation in line with business strategies.
Manage the Visual Merchandising team to execute and maintain the presentation (including displays, signage, events, promotions) in all DFS Abu Dhabi Airport shops and Luxury Boutique locations in line with company and brand standards, contributing to growth and profitably for the business.
• Establish visual merchandising concepts within luxury retail environments
• Management of all fashion brands visual identities within the store, adhering to visual presentation guidelines as supplied from the Brand
• Create strategic retail concepts to adapt and reflect the retail climate to drive sales within company guidelines
• Work with design consultants in store renovation and special projects
• Design signage and promotional programs unique to each retail concept
• Maintain a library of promotional signage
• Monitor customer perceptions of visual images and propose development opportunities
• To create an environment and ambience which not only encourages shopping, but positively influences sales and maximises dollar return from floor space
• Liaise with Merchandise Managers and other members of the global visual merchandising teams to maximise product characteristics through visual merchandising
• Liaise and coordinate with vendors, operation managers and merchants in the implementation of promotional brand activities and visual retail executions
• Establish visual merchandising training programs and staff development to assist in the consistent presentation and maintenance of brand image
• Conduct weekly shop visits with Store Managers and Visual Merchandising Personnel to assess and action plan opportunities to enhance in-store presentation
Sourcing & Expense Management
• Direct sourcing and designing of props and display materials both locally and internationally
• Apply innovative thinking to maximise visual budget for return on investment and effective strategies to reduce operating costs while still maintaining company presentation standards and meeting merchandise display objectives
• Negotiate with contractors and manufacturers to deliver cost effective results and timely execution
People Management and Development
• Hire, orientate, evaluate, train and coach staff in line with business strategy and visual merchandising objectives.
• Ensure new team members are appropriately supported and trained
• Degree in Visual Merchandising or equivalent
• 2-3 years supervisory
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Mac and MS Office applications
About the Company
DFS Group Limited is the world's leading luxury retailer catering to the traveling public. Part of the LVMH group (Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton Group), DFS Headquarters is located in Hong Kong with over 7,000 employees in locations spanning around the World
We have attained this position by listening to our clientele, adapting to changes in our customer base, and continually responding with innovative concepts.
Our strength lies in our strategic brand partnerships, groundbreaking store and product development, superior assortments, and targeted marketing programs.
As we continue to perfect our business model, improve our offerings and expand into emerging markets, we are well positioned to remain the world's leading luxury retailer.