WMS Project Manager
Randstad Middle East
My Client is one of the worlds leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, they have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world
To ensure My clients warehousing customers are served through an IT/WMS solution that is in line with customer specific objectives on operational functionality, data quality and visibility while also fulfilling there internal objectives on costs and customs requirements.
To project manage the scoping, procurement, development, and implementation of the best suited IT/WMS solution for serving new warehousing customers.
To provide ongoing support for all warehousing IT/WMS solutions.
To assist in the development and promotion of the MEA warehousing and distribution strategy.
Participate in tenders:
- Scope IT/WMS solution based on information available in tender phase.
* Propose best suited solution taking into consideration:
* Customer objectives on operational functionality, data quality and visibility.
* Damco objectives on costs and meeting all customs requirements.
* Current solutions, knowledge and expertise available within Damco.
* Present costs and timelines of full implementation to be included in tender responses.
* Present ongoing running costs and organisational/staffing requirements to be included in tender responses.
Manage IT/WMS project implementations:
- Form part of overall customer implementation team.
- Manage IT/WMS project implementation from drafting project plan to final stable operation including following elements:
* Scoping of IT/WMS solution and getting sign off by Damco management and customer.
* Procurement and supplier selection for both hardware and software.
* Setup/recruitment of IT/WMS implementation team.
* Detailed solution design together with IT supplier in line with all project requirements (both customer and Damco requirements).
* Designing EDI links with customer, customs and MODS where required.
* All system testing.
* Staff training
* Go-live plan including hypercare and aftercare periods.
- Act as main point of contact for customer IT team.
- Act as main point of contact for IT suppliers.
- Responsible for final operational delivery of IT/WMS solution.
Review current solutions:
- Review current solutions for existing customers and provide recommendations.
- Discuss issues / opportunities with the product/branch managers and provide practical guidance on the system support in line with the MEA WND strategy.
- Facilitate cross area teamwork to ensure successful system solution design and implementation.
- Initiate project implementations for agreed updates/changes to solutions for existing customers after sign-off by Damco Management.
Provide ongoing support:
- Manage suppliers of existing solutions.
- Provide ongoing support to different client teams to ensure continued operational delivery and customs compliance.
- Organise relevant training.
Reinforce APM Group culture, values and reputation, and ensure compliance with APM Group policies
University education, IT, technical, electro or supply chain management branch is preferred.
Management experience min 5 years, international logistics / manufacturing company.
WMS implementation experience in the role of project manager is essential.
Knowledge of IT/WMS products available in the market.
Project management knowledge and experience.
Experience with direct communication with customer
Perfect communicator, excellent English.
Organizational skills, proactive approach, time management.
Ready to travel to different facilities.
About the Company
About the Company
Over 30 years of local industry experience.
New name, proven expertise
In 2009, recruitment leaders Beresford Blake Thomas (BBT), Hill McGlynn and Ma Foi integrated under the Randstad brand to form Randstad Middle East.
Experience and local knowledge are essential commodities within the Middle East region, so it made perfect sense to combine 30 years recruitment experience in the Gulf, providing a larger, more streamlined service to our clients and candidates.
As well as having the largest geographical footprint of any recruiter, Randstad is the worlds largest specialist recruitment provider, employing over 28,000 members of staff and helping over 2.5 million people find work every year. With an enviable reputation worldwide, we have an established and respected presence in the Middle East, and are the preferred choice for specialist staffing solutions in more customary and emerging markets across the entire region.
Accounting & Finance
Advertising, Media & PR
Construction & Engineering
Hospitality & Retail
HR & Business Support
IT & Telecommunications & Electronics
Oil & Gas
Pharmaceutical & FMCG
Property & Real Estate
Sales & Marketing
Executive Search & Selection