Warranty Manager – FAMCO
Al Futtaim Group
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Ras Al Khaimah and throughout the GCC including Saudi Arabia. The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company.We are looking for an experiencedÂ Waranty ManagerÂ to join our team in Dubai.
JOB PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Communicate warranty guidelines to all relevant staff to ensure understanding and compliance with FAMCO and Principals' requirements, including correct identification of technically warrantable failures
* Ensure correct quality of information from Famco's Service Operations to Warranty Department.
* Review and monitor KPI's including claim quality, submission times, rejections, payments, campaign completions.
* In conjunction with Unit Sales Departments, ensure all products supplied by FAMCO are correctly registered in Principals' warranty systems.
* Facilitate and participate in any internal or external warranty inspection or audit to ensure a satisfactory outcome for FAMCO.
* Communicate, monitor and follow-up all recalls and campaigns identified by the Manufacturers.
* Obtain and disseminate actions and bulletins relating to warranty matters.
* Maintain warranty and product registration database
* Recommend training and competence development for warranty staff.
* Ensure adherence to warranty guidelines relating to material storage, return and scrapping.
* Ensure all necessary reports to Principals or Manufacturers are correctly submitted.
* Submit product quality issues to Principals identified following claim frequency analysis
* Identify and implement warranty procedures for any new franchises or territories.
* Negotiations with Principals relating to goodwill claims.
* Maintain excellent relationships with Principals and Manufacturers.
* Manage and ensure that all generating quality warranty claims are in line with the warranty policy of FAMCO and the principals. The claim must be processed against the warranty invoices, goods receipt notes, stock adjustment report etc.
* Ensure that claims are submitted in the shortest possible time from completion of repairs and amounts claimed to give best and positive result to recover the maximum cost.
* Monitor and follow up claim settlements from Principals to ensure best possible cashflow for the business.
* Manage and ensure that all machines are registered with principle against the sold units.
* Warranty registration or reporting to the supplier is very important as due to non-registering the warranty, suppliers have right to reject the claims without any reasons.
* Ensure any available extended warranty offers from Principals are actively followed up to gain maximum benefit for FAMCO and customers.
REGISTRATION THE WARRANTY SERVICES:
* Ensure that his staff are registering any obligatory warranty services after registered the units.
* Ensuring any PDI's and warranty services have been carried out against all Principals
* Ensure that the Population file is maintained against all the sold units.
* Maintain the Warranty file against all the claims that have been raised.
* Agree, monitor and follow up KPI's for claim submission and reimbursement data.
WARRANTY MATERIALS FOR INSPECTION
* Maintain the warranty Materials for inspection.
* Ensure correct identification, storage, material analysis return and scapping of all removed warranty material.
The selected candidate will have the following eduction, skills and experience;
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Diploma or vocational certificate in Engineering - preferably Mechanical Engineering.
* Training on workshop systems
* At least 6 years experience in automotive industry
* Knowledgeable in technology.
* Good knowledge of MS Office applications
* Comprehension skills
* Analytical skills
* Application of new knowledge and concepts
* Planning and organizing
* Communication skills
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.