Water / Irrigation Design Engineer
This mid-level Water/Irrigation Engineer shall be supporting various projects in the Dubai office. He will be responsible in providing relevant calculations, drawings, specifications and other associated documents and ensure they are technically correct, complete and clearly presented. Work ranges from supporting master plans, infrastructure design, Sewerage/Drainage design, drafting proposals, project concepts.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage the design schedule
• Develop necessary Design models
• Evaluate HAZOP analysis as applicable to scope of work
• Surge analysis
• Write Design Reports
• Manage progress of drawings and specification
• Provide input and support to Quantity estimates
• Monitor and report design changes
• Learn and Practice Parsons Quality and Safety procedures and processes
• Review and comment on mechanical and infrastructure systems
• Review and comment on third party budgetary cost estimates for housing units
• Coordinate and collect information from relevant Agencies, third party consultants and contractors to prepare weekly and monthly reports
• Participate in detailed review of budget and schedule
• Support project team in preparation of proposals
• Participate in Value Engineering exercises
• Liaise with all relevant agencies and Client team to obtain necessary approvals.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• University degree in Civil Engineering
• 10 to 15 years experience in Water and Irrigation network designs. At least 5 years experience in water network and another 5 years in irrigation network.
• Experience in Pumping Stations design, surge calculation and HAZOP assessment.
• Experience in Water treatment plants. (preferred)
• Experience in residential / industrial design and construction
• Experience in projects delivered by multi-contracts execution
• Strong organizational and people skills
• Strong client management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and relevant engineering software for design and calculation of sewerage/drainage system
• Excellent communication skills in the English language
• Middle East Experience (preferred)
About the Company
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.