Wells H&S Site Lead
British Petroleum (BP)
Provides HSSE oversight for field operations for Wells and non-rig work activities in Block 61, Oman:
1. Training and coaching of site personnel on BP HSSE rules and requirements
2. Ensure compliance with relevant company and legal standards
3. Enforcement of BP Golden Rules of Safety
4. Maintain monthly reporting
statistics for BP performance
5. Work day to day with the Well Site Leaders
Key activities include:
* Identifies and analysis well operations hazards and performs risk assessments
* Ensure risk assessment tools used by BP and Contractor are understood and utilized by personnel
* Coordinates with and provides advice on BP requirements to the Contractor's field based Safety Supervisor; including enforcement of BP rules and requirements.
* Reviews the HSSE aspects in the Contractor's method statements, plans, schedules, and procedures to ensure they match the agreements in the BP - Contractor bridging documents and Authority to Operate (ATO) documentation.
* Assists and advises on the preparation of Risk Assessments and supports the contractor on tool box talks and safety interventions as required.
* Organizes site safety audits and weekly HSSE Meetings with the Contractor; reporting any deviations from the BP requirements to the Well Site Leader and the Wells H&S Team Lead to allow BP Leadership to intervene as requires to correct and prevent deviations from the agreed rules and procedures.
* Participates in the periodic (daily, weekly, etc.) Progress Meetings.
* Assists in the preparation and implementation of site Emergency Response Procedures.
* Reviews all incidents, safety flashes, etc. to ensure lessons learnt are identified and disseminated at site safety meetings or at tool box talks
* Processes Safety observation, SOC and Contractor behavioural safety program cards prepared by the field teams; sends all required HSSE statistics to the Muscat office.
* Participate in Crisis Management and Emergency Response training and exercises; be part of on-scene command structure in a field event
* Participates as required in safety and environmental incident investigations and case management (return to work) of injured parties
* Assures that accurate wells operations HSSE incident and near miss records are gathered and maintained for preparation of reports to the H&S Team Lead
* Conducts and participates in reviews, inspections and audits of BP well operations and contractors
* Demonstrable health, safety and environmental leadership skills and willingness to intervene and stop the job, coaching for improved safety behaviour and mitigation of unsafe conditions
* Trained in eSafe Cards (Safety Observation program) and Safety Observation Conversations (SOC) and good at field level presentation for tool box talks; can provide training upon hiring
* Works directly with wells operations contractors' management on health, safety and environmental concerns, including organizing HSSE stand-downs and interventions to maintain a safe work environment; facilitates continuous improvement projects
* Reports to the Wells H&S Team Lead; functionally reports to the Well Site Leader on site to ensure the HSSE aspects are incorporated in the planning and execution of the work
* Regular reports HSSE incidents, month end health, safety and environmental statistics and any other KPI's defined by the Company's
* Oversees compliance with BP and Wells HSSE policies, procedures and programs within the HSSE responsibility, in particular 1) hazard identification and task risk assessment, 2) Control of work (Permit to work) in compliance to BP practices even if the Contractor Permit to Work system in being followed
* Maintains and reviews HSSE compliance requirements; provided through the on-line tool ""Compliance Task Manager""
* Site Induction and training of new personnel as necessary (BP staff and BP HSSE training for contractors)
About the Company
About the Company
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.