Western Female Operations & HR Director
Our client is a multinational research and development company. An opportunity has arisen from one of their office based in Saudi Arabia. They are currently looking to appoint a Female Operations and Human Resources Director, providing operational and Human Resources leadership on all contracts held. As this position is newly established there will be a strong emphasis on establishing and implementing standard operating procedures.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
As this is a newly established role, much of the first 90 days in this position will involve assessing what systems, procedures and policies need to be established in order to run an logistically effective and efficient operation, and subsequently developing and implementing these.
• Leads and drives operational efficiency
• Ensures operational plans are in line with business plans
• Ensures company’s Corporate Education team have a thorough understanding of the Projects current and future operational and financial capabilities
• Establishes and maintains effective reporting systems to company’s corporate team
• Manages the company’s budget and expenses and reports
• Manages payroll queries for company’s staff
• Ensures Project Leaders understand the financial progress of their projects
• Implements robust standard operating procedures
• Ensures continuous improvement of all operating procedures
• Provides guidance as required to Administration Manager regarding logistical matters such as maintaining technology (laptops, printers, photocopiers etc) to ensure Academic Team is supported in this area
• Provides Human Resources support to all staff
• Provides guidance to the Administration Manager to grow and develop the Administration team
• Develops succession and retention plans for key positions
• Recruits new local staff as necessary
• Ensures positive relationship with all key stakeholders
• Maintains sound working relationships with external service providers including legal advisors, visa agents, insurance company, Accommodation Compound Manager etc
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
• Qualifications in business or human resources
• Significant experience in operations and people management
• Experience establishing standard operating procedures, systems and practices in a green fields environment
• Experience in Human Resources
• Demonstrated ability to manage budgets
• Project management experience
• Able to identify and implement innovative solutions to complex challenges.
• Sound business acumen and ability to analyse risk
• Experience of working in other countries and cultures is preferred
• Experience of working in the Middle East
• Previous exposure to Islamic culture
• Exposure within the Education Sector would be advantageous
About the Company
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants’ sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Pharma, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened an office in Abu Dhabi to further assist with our client needs across the region.