This position is closed or expired.
See other Management jobs
Area Manager – Shake Shack
Are you an avid learner with a curious intelligence who's looking to grow? Do you embody warm hospitality and a genuine concern for others?Â Shake Shack, an iconic burger brand that started in New York City is looking for caring, warm, fun, intelligent people to join our team. We are growing internationally, and may be opening in a neighborhood near you!
Created by restaurateur Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG), which includes many of New York City's most celebrated and highly acclaimed restaurants: Shake Shack is a modern day roadside burger stand known for its delicious burgers, hot dogs, frozen custard, and more.
With its fresh, simple, high quality food at a great value, Shake Shack is a fun and lively community-gathering place with wide appeal. From its ingredients and hiring practices to its environmental responsibility, design and community investment, Shake Shack's mission is to continually Stand for Something Good. We stand to hire team members that are excited and committed to championship performance, remarkable and enriching hospitality, embodying our culture, and actively growing themselves and our brand.
Since the original Shake Shack opened in 2004 in NYC's Madison Square Park, it instantly became a New York institution with a loyal following.Â Shake Shack has received numerous accolades from the press including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, New York Magazine, Food & Wine, Travel & Leisure, Food Network and The TODAY Show among others, and was voted one of the Most Popular Restaurants in New York according to Zagat.
Shake Shack now has multiple locations in New York, as well as Miami, FL, Washington, DC, Westport, CT, Philadelphia, PA, and two international locations in Dubai and Kuwait City.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented individual who is willing to embark on an exciting and challenging journey. You will be responsible for all store and employment development as well as being accountable for visual merchandising in assigned stores. You will enjoy active contributions to the development of business initiatives relevant to brand projects.
* To Lead store teams to achieve their sales targets, shrinkage targets and control operational costs in order to meet the business plan
* Champion the brand in stores and create a two way feedback loop with the brand teams to enhance business performance
* Contribute to all aspects of business development including new store openings
* Assist Operations Manager in review and preparation of budgets
* Assists in selecting competent partners and management, participates in training, and develops partners to identify potential within
* Ensures all systems, procedures and programmes are communicated to partners and store management.
Skills and Experience:
* Minimum 5 years experience within food service ideally from a similar industry running multiple stores independently
* Experience of financial reports analysis
* Experience in a fast paced environment
* Familiar with P&L accounts
* Able to communicate clearly and confidently
* A passion within your field of expertise is key
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the worlds most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Changs, The Cheesecake Factory, Victorias Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshayas stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.