This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Engineer (MNE/Civil Engineer)
Engineer (MNE/Civil Engineer) – Dhofar Region
Supervise the implementation of MNE (Minor Network Expansion), FOC (Fiber Optic Cable), BSW (Buried Service Wire) and other related projects including Civil Engineering responsibilities for Dhofar projects.
* Supervise and coordinate the activities of MNE Contractors, FOC Projects and Special Projects
* Supervise/participate in Acceptance Test (Physical & Electrical/Optical
* Analyze progress schedule performance and variances from the scope of work implemented
* Verify and certify as-built drawings and BOQ
* Recommend measures to improve project implementation
* Imparts on the job training to newly recruited staff in the team.
* Perform any other tasks assigned to him by his Team Leader
* Attend to Customer Services/Queries with regards to MNE implementation
* Prepare weekly and Monthly report regarding Contractor’s performance and the job Progress.
* Design & Supervision of Repair and Routine Maintenance of civil works for all Omantel premises, Buildings and associated works, Access roads, Towers & Shelters.
* Plan and Monitor preventive maintenance and carry out regular/emergency maintenance of General civil works.
* Monitor frame contracts for the general and civil works.
* Coordinate building and civil works projects with procurement & Contract department during tendering & contracting process and Infrastructure services during execution of the works.
* Creating requisitions, making correspondences and processing payments to suppliers and vendors.
* Preparation of scope of works & cost estimation for all related projects and building maintenance & civil works activities of company’s premises.
* Carry out restoration civil related works during natural calamities (Storm, flood, etc.).
* Conduct Value engineering & Quantity surveying
* Monitor civil related third party supplier services level agreements.
* Adhering the process & procedures of the company while executing the works
* Technical site survey for new expansions
* Ensure quality of services provided.
* Identifying risks and mitigation.
* Monitor security & safety of the premises.
Bachelor in Civil Engineering or related field
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in outside Plant Supervision or civil engineering
Behavioral Skills Requirements:
* Should have a good communication skills
* Should be good team player
* Should be goal oriented
* Should be good in Both Arabic and English languages
Preference for: Omanis
About the Company
Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Omantel (as both Omantel and Oman Mobile) has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. Over the years, as the pioneering telecommunications supplier, we have striven to connect even the most remote communities to each other and to the rest of the world. As a pillar of the Omani economy, Omantel has been a leading player in Oman’s progress and national development.
The Omantel logo, embodies the Omani heritage, in the form of the Khanjar. Our color palette, blue and orange, signals our dedication to professionalism and progression as well as a vibrant spirit. The Omantel name, combined both in Arabic and English, is cradled and encapsulated in our new brand symbol reflecting a caring mindset.
Our tagline reflects also our philosophy of togetherness as this is at the heart of everything we do – as we lead the way in bringing individuals, families, businesses and regions ever closer together using leading edge technology for communications.