This position is closed or expired.
See other Finance & Consulting jobs
The position will assist senior management to enhance business/functional performance and short and long term strategic business planning by preparing international investment proposals and memorandums after conducting comprehensive financial analyzes and monitoring capital expenditure.
This position will report to the Managing Director, and be responsible primarily for supporting the on-going financial functions related to accounting, cash management, investor relations and project development:
- Review of KPIs and financial ratios, and conduct financial analysis to determine progress to accomplishment of KPIs, and recommend solutions
- Perform timely financial statement analysis, including monthly variances analysis.
- Preparation and presentation of financial summaries to management for key outlays indicating alternative and options
- Preparation of budgets/forecasts processes based on strategic management decisions
- Preparation of key quarterly management reports illustrating actual spending across functions/ affiliates
- Assist in developing projects to identify opportunities for cost savings / profit enhancement and efficiency improvement.
- Assist in the development and preparation of monthly management reporting packages.
- Assist in the development and the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the budgeting and planning processes.
- Provide financial input and participate, as required, in other business initiatives, including the implementation of finance and accounting functions.
- Minimum Bachelors in Accounting or Finance with a technical background experience; preferably ACA/ACCA professional or MBA a plus
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience obtained in any company/industry, but preferably in industry/manufacturing. Experience working for a multinational firm and/or a head office environment would be an added advantage.
- Advanced working knowledge and ability of MS Word and Excel; intermediate Access and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong financial/analytical experience in analyzing detailed data, drawing up conclusions and proposals and converting these into cost benefit analysis and business cases.
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analysis and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights.
- Strategic thinking and assertive person willing to challenge the business and the function when required
- Highly driven, working with Senior management to set stretch goals for self, and continually pushing for results
- ‘Role models’ the Company’s values, and demonstrates strong personal ethics in all decision making
- Highly motivated and self-starting professional, working effectively in an international team
- Extremely well organized (focused and structured approach); capable of handling multiple ad-hoc requests for information simultaneously and deliver deadlines sometimes with limited resources
- Excellent organizational skills and takes ownership to deliver deadlines on time, every time
- Highly developed English communication skills in both verbal and written are essential, and a knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not essential
- Continually invests in own learning and development
- Analytical and detailed focused, able to manipulate and present data in a clear, concise and consistent manner that's easily understandable for the senior management and the business.
About the Company
OCTAL is the largest PET resin manufacturer in the Middle East and the largest integrated PET sheet manufacturer in the world.