This position is closed or expired.
See other Admin jobs
The job holder provides administrative and team management support for the Chief New Businesses Officer and the Business Unit. The responsibilities cover office management, travel logistics, and documentation. In addition will be responsible for organizing local and international events and maintaining the BU's social media presence (twitter, blogs etc.). Job may require some international travel with the BU head or other team members to organize and manage team events.
* Provide a range of secretarial support services including scheduling meetings and travel, typing, filing, translation and dealing with correspondence
* Handle and document all communications for the Chief New Business Officer and his direct reports.
* Prepare monthly expense reports in collaboration with Manager Finance & Planning
* Arrange major meetings and conference for the team.
* Organize senior management meetings, take minutes of meeting and prepare presentations.
* Coordinate with concerned for arrangement of visiting permits and hotel booking for foreign administration as and when required.
* Maintain record and keep track of all international& internal messages & mail in/out for easy reference ensuring proper follow up and timely response.
* Maintain attendance sheet ensuring proper recording of staff leave, absence and training.
* Help organize and manage logistics for team events within Qatar and abroad including premise booking, setting agendas and organizing travel and accommodation for attendees. This may require travel to the premise of the event on some occasions
* Help maintain online repository of information andÂ documents on MS Sharepoint or other similar tools
* Support management of all Social Media and online communication such as twitter, Â Facebook, blogs, micro blogs etc. under guidance/supervision from Digital team
* Support Finance in processing purchase orders, payments etc.Â related to procurement of goods and services
* Perform any other related activity as and when required
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
* 2 years in an administrative or secretarial position for a company or business unit head.
* Events management experience a plus
Technical & non technical
* Excellent language skills (verbal and written) in English
* Excellent working knowledge of document sharing and social networking platforms and their application in corporate environments
* Basic knowledge of IT (networks etc.) preferred
* Excellent PC skills including presentation packages
* Excellent Organisational skills
* Good communication / interpersonal skills
* Ability to use the internet comfortably and skilfully
* Flexibility to travel outside of Qatar if required
* Ability to work long/ non-traditional hours given the need to interact with international teams
Minimum Entry Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in relative field (Diploma in secretarial work is an advantage )
* Background in IT a plus
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.