This position is closed or expired.
See other Academic jobs
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia
As part of the Laureate Global Network, Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is seeking English Language Instructors for their well-established vocational institutes. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia for the past 3 years with over 100 employees with two institutions in Riyadh and Rabigh (near Jeddah). Our institutes offer a two-year technical diploma program to Saudi males between the ages of 18-23. The first year program or Foundation Program entails the delivery of an Intensive English program as well as preparatory courses in Life and Study Skills, IT and Mathematics.
The LVSA English Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students in the Institute from A1 through B1 proficiency on the Common European Frame of Reference. Activities and operations include working with other Institute staff to identify areas of knowledge that require improvement within the student body, participating in the development of curriculum, coordinating with other Instructors to integrate curriculums, and teaching classes for up to 25 hours per week.
• Teach up to 25 hours per week, plus cover teaching if required
• Preparation of lessons
• Assessment and reporting of student progress
• Use technology such as LMS, iWBs, online testing and eLearning applications as mandated by institutional policies
• Counseling of students on their progress
• Attendance at department meetings and professional development sessions
• Work within the team on program development
• Possess a strong knowledge of English (native speaker from North America, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) and teaching techniques
• CELTA, Trinity, or other equivalent EFL qualification
• Highly organized and dependable.
• Excellent computer aptitude, proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral English
• Experience using interactive whiteboards in the classroom preferred
• Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
• 3-5 years experience teaching secondary or higher level students
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required (related to English preferred)
• Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is plus.
About the Company
Laureate International Universities is the world’s largest education provider with over 740,000 students in more than 70 institutions across 29 countries. We are currently hiring new instructors, faculty and staff for its academies within our growing Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia network in KSA.