This position is closed or expired.
See other R&D jobs
Research Technician II
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Research Technician II
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Job Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Research
Specialist in light microscopy core facility to operate microscopes and assist users with their research project
• Operate and maintain state-of-the-art confocal microscopes and other optical microscopy systems available at the core lab such as epi-fluorescence microscopes, live cell imaging systems, laser micro-dissection system , stereoscopes and imaging workstations for the biological applications.
• Provide both technical (data acquisition) and scientific (data interpretation) support to KAUST users.
• Conduct analysis to ensure high quality data being produced from the microscopes.
• Train the users (faculties and students ).
• Cell culture
• Coordinate, schedule and perform maintenance of the microscope when needed.
• Housekeep instrument activity record and prepare equipment operating procedure document.
Organization: Research & Development Management
Division: Core Labs and Major Facilities
• Bachelor degree in Science or Engineering with 3 years experience or
• Master's Degree in Science or Engineering
• Laboratory experience in cell biology, biochemistry or biophysics is highly desirable.
• Hands-on experience of tissue processing and sectioning (cryostat), histology, and immunochemical procedures (paraffin embedding).
• Extensive DIC, wide field, epi-fluorescence and confocal microscopy experience.
• Extensive hands-on experience with mammalian cell line and primary cell culture.
• Extensive live cell imaging experience.
• Extensive experience with mammalian and plant cells staining with various types of fluorescent dyes and immuno-histo-chemical techniques.
• Experience with digital photography and image processing. Various hands-on molecular biology technique experience, such as PCR, FISH, western blot, cell assay, and microarray, is a plus
• Interdisciplinary background, microscope repair or micro biomedical device experience is a plus.
• Excellent technical skills, scientific knowledge and ability to work in a team with faculty, staff and students in ensuring high quality imaging of biological samples.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes:
• Willing to work in a service environment.
• Good English communication skills
• Strong ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
About the Company
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a brand new institution that’s set to inspire the next era of global scientific achievement. Opening in September 2009 we’re recruiting many exciting roles. One could be yours.