This position is closed or expired.
See other Mechanical Engineering jobs
Rotating / Static Equipment Engineer
Rotating & Static Equipment Engineer
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for
• Equipment calculation and design (engineering drawings)
• Design and procurement of static equipment (such as reactors, columns, vessels, tanks, unfired heat exchangers…)
• Preparation of requisitions for enquiry
• Technical evaluation of bids and vendor selection
• Vendor's drawings checking
• Equipment acceptance and delivery to site, site (erection), support and turn-over
• Responsible as discipline engineer for quality, cost and schedule
• Cooperation with client, third parties and project disciplines/field
• (Lead a team of engineers in meeting the project budget and timeline for rotating equipment)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for
Static Equipment Engineer:
In the position of Mechanical Engineer, you shall be responsible for assisting the Lead Mechanical Engineer in evaluating for the technical quality of all related to static equipment (Pressure vessels, Exchangers, Tanks etc) for the mechanical engineering discipline with the exception of rotating equipment. Thorough understanding of the Industry Standards, related to Static equipment (ASME/ANSI, API, ASTM, CSA). Through the application of your experience you will propose and implement standards and non-standard solutions to uniquely meet specific problem areas on the Voyager project.
In this position you will
* Prepare and modify mechanical design basis and provide guidelines for detailed engineering.
* Assist with and/or prepare mechanical standards and specifications for use on the project
* Assist with the review and provide comments on key mechanical engineering project documents including mechanical equipment list, mechanical data sheets, mechanical bid documents, equipment selection etc.
* Evaluate technical deviations, present technical deviations recommendations to stakeholders.
* Determine and recommend quality assurance inspection requirements for mechanical equipment.
* Prepare and recommend quality assurance inspection requirements to lead mechanical engineer.
* Participate in project team value added exercises such as HAZOP, Model Review, etc.
* Assist with cross discipline coordination of mechanical equipment review.
* Respond to the various types of mechanical engineering inquiries from plant site personnel.
* Attend constructability meetings with construction management.
* Review selection of type, model and manufacturer of mechanical equipment to minimize project capital cost and schedule while maximizing facility reliability and maintainability.
* Recommend selection of mechanical equipment alternatives using independent judgment that comply with project standards and goals.
Shall have knowledge of project management topics. Shall have acted as a Senior Engineer on a major project. Shall have a wide knowledge in various fields of mechanical engineering including pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, fired heaters, furnaces, and specialty mechanical equipment. Shall understand the requirements for maintainability, material selection and mechanical reliability. Shall be capable of analyzing field problems and recommending a timely resolution. Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Shall have knowledge of national codes and standards such as ASME/ANSI, API, ASTM, and CSA.
What we need from you
1)Good communication skills.
2)Degree in Mechanical (Rotating & Static Equipment) Engineering.
3)Minimum 4 years relevant experience for Senior / Lead positions in Petrochemical Industry.
4)Experience in working in reciprocating / Centrifugal compressors.
5)Experience in similar role.
6)Inspect and supervise the works in accordance with specific drawings and statutory regulations.
7)Excellent communication skills.
8)Language Requirements : English – Good
9)Shall be comfortable working in an office environment but will be able to complete some inspection/witnessing and field inspection.
About the Company
Saeed R Al-Zahrani Corp. (SRACO), founded in 1982, is one of the oldest established independent companies in Saudi Arabia. Headquartered in Dammam, SRACO has offices in Riyadh and Jeddah. As a conglomerate, SRACO has a workforce of over 3500 employees gainfully employed throughout the Kingdom.
SRACO has a Consulting Group providing consulting services in the field of software engineering. We are proud to be one of the prime contracting companies providing services to Saudi Aramco, the largest oil producing company in the world.
SRACO was established in acknowledgment of modern information systems required for an efficient and effective operation of the rapidly growing requirements of industries and Government institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Right from inception, SRACO has demonstrated its professionalism by building an impressive customer base over the years and establishing business ties with major international companies.
SRACO strives to achieve client satisfaction, quality and excellence with the help of its strong core values. We at SRACO
- Respect professionalism
- Follow Honesty and Integrity (our two guiding principles)
- Foster cooperation and team work
- Promote openness and flexibility in a multicultural environment