This position is closed or expired.
See other Journalism jobs
My client is a publishing company based in Dubai and who specialises in the Business and Financial sector is now looking to recruit an Editor for one of their monthly business magazines which is distributed to major financial institutions and high level executives from a multiple of industry sectors across the GCC.
The magazine covers local, regional and international financial news and stories as well as in depth features, interviews with prominent business personalities and updated information on all the latest initiatives.
The right candidate will have experience of working on a business or finance related publication and will suit someone who is hungry for success and is keen to push their career to the next level. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make the step up and challenge themselves at running a magazine on their own. It would require someone of an entrepreneurial nature as they will be given a lot of autonomy and flexibility in their work.
As the editor you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Write news and features for the monthly print magazine and its twice-monthly online newsletter;
• Edit and rewrite content for style, clarity, and organization;
• Proofread content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style;
• Solicit and evaluate manuscripts from outside authors and arrange for manuscript peer reviews;
• Research appropriate topics and authors;
• Participate in meetings to develop ideas for articles
• Assist with other aspects of preparing topical issues of the magazine.
Networks and contacts within the UAE business world are critical to the role, therefore will be a distinct advantage.
Fluency in Arabic is not critical but again, would be an advantage.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following:
• A minimum of three years of publishing experience on a magazine, newsletter, and/or newspaper;
• Experience with print and online environment is strongly desired;
• Excellent research, reporting, and news and feature writing skills that can be demonstrated through samples of your work;
• Ability to understand, substantively edit, and write about complex business topics;
• Excellent proofreading skills;
• Ability to deal tactfully with volunteer authors, peer reviewers, and association members;
• Superior organization skills and the ability to handle concurrent tasks and deadlines;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce top-quality work quickly and on deadline;
• Fast learner who can quickly adapt to changing situations, take the initiative, and assume responsibilities.
About the Company
RealHR was established in 2007 as a generalist HR management consultancy. Its aim is to meet the ever increasing need in the UAE for expert HR services in a country where enterprise is booming and employment law is being developed continuously.
Market changes and client demand have led to significant developments within the UAE. In particular the last couple of years have seen the increasing development of the importance of good people management practices and the need for high calibre staff to create competitive advantage. These two key areas have been proven globally to be the key to business success and growth.
RealHR prides itself on the in-depth knowledge of HR & Recruitment, so that our clients can focus on their core business. We tailor our service to match the needs of our clients so they get effective, timely and pragmatic help, advice and support when they need it, at a price they can afford to pay.