This position is closed or expired.
See other Accounting jobs
Finance Manager – Food & Beverage / Hospitality Division
This is a unique opportunity to join a regional holding company which has ambitious expansion plans.
The Financial Manager - Hospitality Division will be responsible for overseeing the entire Hospitality Division’s financial functions and will report directly to the CFO of the Group. As this is a growing division, the Financial Manager needs to be dynamic, innovative and be able to handle large volumes of transactions for multiple business units.
• To ensure all the Group policies and procedures are implemented properly, communicated to all staff, monitored regularly, adhered too in all instances and rolled out to any new employee.
• Where a policy or procedure is required but not yet developed, to develop such policy in the required format, obtain the necessary approvals and implement.
• To implement financial controls in the businesses which prevent misuse and misappropriation of funds or assets and inefficient cost control.
• Serve as a key member of the senior management team to develop operational and strategic business plans, forecasts and feasibility studies.
• Preparation of reports daily, weekly and monthly which include but are not limited to sales analysis, food and beverages cost reports, monthly management accounts.
• Preparation of annual budgets per business unit with quarterly updated rolling forecasts.
• Preparation and presentation of monthly Business Review Pack (BUR).
• Submission of a monthly Financial Manager’s report summarizing the performance of the businesses under your control, which includes a P&L, variance analysis against budget and forecast, balance sheet and cash flow, focus areas for the next month, control weaknesses and corrective actions.
• Management and control of all banking related transactions within the Hospitality Division.
• Daily cash flow monitoring and management which includes the management of payables.
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliations review and authorize.
• Preparation of accounts must be in line with IFRS.
• Overseeing and control of the purchasing department ensuring the right item is purchased at the most competitive price.
• Monitor supplier/customer agreements regarding respective revenue and cost associated with them.
• Use industry experience and initiative to identify areas for cost cutting and/or revenue improvement.
• Ensure all businesses and assets under your control are at all times properly insured through a reputable insurance company, claims are processed timely with appropriate.
• Risk management of assets, currency, credit and liquidity.
• Ensure that all IT systems are being used in accordance with the business requirements and proper segregation of duties is implemented. Systems in the Hospitality division currently include, Oasys, FMC, Micros, Sun Financials and Respack.
• Manage and coordinate internal and external audits.
• Strive to build a team culture by working together with the respective business and department heads in support of their strategies to achieve the business plan.
• Oversee the payroll preparation of the Hospitality Division.
• Serve as advisor to key management regarding strategic projects and operational requirements.
• Provide leadership to your finance team members and strive to be industry leading in terms of accuracy, quality, timings, execution and delivery.
• Developing and monitoring KPI’s and KPA’s for the finance staff.
• Foster a performance driven environment with quarterly staff performance reviews, identifying training needs and mentoring/coaching staff.
• Be familiar with the labour law and HR practices in the business and industry.
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CPA, CMA, etc.)
• 3 - 5 years minimum experience in Food & Beverage outlets
• Experience in working with Sun Financials, FMC, Micros
• Regional experience is preferred.
About the Company
RS Executive is a trusted provider of executive search, headhunting and bespoke recruitment solutions.
Headquarters in Dubai, strong local knowledge and extensive regional network combined with global reach, makes us the recruiter of choice.
We work with highly successful leaders with demonstrable achievements, who can drive your business forward and help you gain an edge against competitors in an increasingly competitive world. These individuals are in the top percentile within their field, can add instant value and be instrumental to the growth and success of your organisation.
We provide confidential, practical and informed advice to both the clients and candidates that we represent. By listening to their needs, researching, then providing fast and effective solutions we build long-term partnerships with these professionals.
We exclusively recruit for C-Suite, strategic leadership and management roles across all functions of a business.
- Accountancy & Finance
- Business Development & Sales
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain & Logistics