This position is closed or expired.
See other HR jobs
A leading Group of companies are seeking an experienced HR Specialist to oversee all HR matters, seeking an HR Specialist not Recruitment to oversee a large organisation with over 4,000 employees.
• As the dedicated HR SPOC for assigned Business Units, the role purpose is to ensure HR programs and services are delivered professionally and effectively to the HR client base.
• This role primarily delivers the Company HR People Agenda on the front line, as well as consulting and advising line management on a broad range of day to HR policy and people issues in order to foster and maintain positive employee relations & engagement levels within the workforce
• Guides and supports the assigned business units for the execution of key HR policies and processes – including, but not limited to the following Key Headline Processes
• Talent Acquisition – includes; requisition, criteria evaluation, job description, tracking, reporting, onboarding & orientation (note: this role will typically be involved in interviewing and assessing junior level staff only)
• Performance Management – includes; Goal Setting, Mid-Year Review, EOY Evaluations, Scorecard Alignment, day-to-oversight and guidance for performance management (i.e. disciplinary/grievance)
• Employee Engagement – includes; Action Planning, Group Facilitation Sessions, Progress Presentations, supporting Pulse Surveys, Annual Survey Preparations, Annual Employee Engagement Survey
• Learning & Development – includes; supporting TNA, communicating / available programs, supporting major initiatives such as technical competency definition gathering, management development, talent pool and succession planning initiatives
• Organization Structure – includes; ensuring optimum structure development & maintenance in line with HR OD guidelines
• Compensation – includes; provision of advice and guidance on compensation matters in line with COE guidance, policies & rules and the management of Job Evaluation process for all requested re-grading exercises
• National Development – includes; direct BU HR support for National Development Initiatives
• Supporting People Managers to Execute their responsibilities for managing employee relations related situations,
• Guiding managers on appropriate means to manage performance and conduct issues, providing mediation during disputes and supporting the disciplinary process, including recommendations for appropriate corrective or punitive measures
• Provides employee relations counseling to resolve employee related problems. Activities include conducting preliminary interviews, documenting findings/recommendations, and advising managers on alternatives to resolve employee performance problems
• Directly manages ‘complex’ or ‘serious’ employee performance or conduct investigations, where the likely outcome of the action may lead to termination of employment
• Consults with line managers, supervisors and employees on effectiveness of HR Services and Program Delivery to the business – continually monitors service delivery and raises/actions deficiencies with COEs
• Builds and maintains effective working relationships with People Managers across assigned business units and provides dedicated advisory and support for HR program delivery ensuring effective ‘two-way’ communication flow between centralized HR and the business units
• Supports empowerment of managers by guiding / advising on managerial HR responsibilities
• Provides ad hoc training on available HR tools, systems, policies & processes to enable “best-in-class” people management
• Facilitates Action Planning on Employee Engagement matters and manages all related processes, timelines, action groups etc
• Supports people managers on understanding and executing key HR processes (i.e. staff requisition, organization design, discipline and grievance management, employee engagement, performance and personal development planning, Job evaluation etc)
• Guides appropriate distribution of responsibilities, accountabilities, spans or control and reporting hierarchy to ensure optimum structure is maintained
• Supports HR COEs in the periodic reporting, analysis & interpretation of key people metrics
• Regularly briefs assigned Business Units on Human Capital Metrics / Dashboards that provides value added management information to support critical decision making on people and operating norms
• Maintains regular reporting on progress against set objectives and HR Program / Service Delivery milestones for People Agenda and HR Strategic Roadmap
• Degree Level Qualification in a Human Resource Management or Business Management field, from a recognized university. Business Management degrees must include 1 or more modules related to Human Resource Management and/or Managing operations
• Ideally, candidates will have achieved a professional standard in Human Resource Management, and be affiliated with a reputable international body such as; CIPD, SHRM etc
• Minimum 5 years progressive HR Management experience. This role is generalist in nature and Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and ability in all facets of HR.
• Candidates must have a working knowledge and understanding of the business units that will be assigned.
• Previous Events Services, Hospitality, CONFEX experience is a distinct advantage, along with the ability to work with and engage a diverse workforce (multi-cultural and languages)
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills, including Data Interpretation, Presentation Skills, Report Writing
• Excellent command of the English Language (Arabic Language skills are desirable) but not essential
• The incumbent of this role will possess signal strengths in relationship management, customer service, and planning & organization skills to compliment his /her generalist HR knowledge.
• The incumbent will be adept at fostering relationships and communicating at all levels and types of audiences. Confidence is a key factor, along with the ability to adapt style and approaches to different situations.
One should have worked in a European market and possess exceptional communication skills and already based in the UAE.
About the Company
Kobaltt MENA are leaders in recruitment across Technical, Construction, Property, Supply Chain & Logistics, Facilities Management, Sales & Marketing and Accounting & Finance Markets. We enjoy long established client relationships with an in-depth knowledge of the MENA and International Market, offering candidates reputable career prospects.
With established Middle East regional offices located in Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai, Kobaltt is providing a specialist range of permanent and contract recruitment services to the construction, property and engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Oil & Gas, accountancy and finance sectors.
Our team has over 25 years accumulative years of experience being based in the GCC with established client networks and candidate profiles.