This position is closed or expired.
See other Mechanical Engineering jobs
Abu Dhabi, UAE
To ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on the Mechanical services and the associated equipment contained in and around the Facilities Management projects.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance both internally and externally to the property’s mechanical services and equipment such as AHU’s, motors, actuators, pumps, exhaust fans, pipework, valves, drainage etc.
• Monitor, rectify and/or repair mechanical systems and services and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
• Identify and assist with the procurement of materials and/or the fabrication of components and ensure repairs are carried out to approved standards.
• Assist in monitoring utility consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
• Integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) as required.
• Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
• Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
• Participate in emergency on-call service during non-working hours, weekends and public holidays.
• Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
• Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
• Use safe systems of work when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with the department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
• Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installations.
• Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, subcontractors, project subcontractors.
• Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
• Carry out other duties as directed by the line management.
• Must hold relevant and recognized qualifications in the discipline, or equivalent.
• Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of Mechanical systems throughout.
• Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings Mechanical services and associated equipment.
• Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
• Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
• Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
• Minimum 3 year experience in a building services and/or facilities management environment.
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.