This position is closed or expired.
See other Logistics jobs
VP – Container Management – Shipping
VP – Container Management
A large shipping company are looking to recruit in the Dubai area. The company have a clear growth strategy and are looking for a VP Container Management to assist in their business plans. This role has a total of 32 reports, with 5 direct reports into the position.
• The main responsibility is to manage the global container fleet in the most cost effective manner possible.
• Covering all cargo demands to ensure that the containers are provided at the correct locations within the timescales, whilst keeping costs to a minimum.
• There will be a focus on the management of procurement, leasing, maintenance, planning and execution of container fleet disposition, whilst considering all associated costs.
• University degree in Logistics / Operations Management (or similar discipline)
• Strong knowledge of issues and standards relating to transport or logistic companies.
• 12 – 15 years’ experience in a similar field
• 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role
• Strong understanding of the shipping industry
• Financial awareness
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.