This position is closed or expired.
See other Procurement jobs
Warehouse and Stores Manager
Al Ain Zoo
Al Ain, UAE
- Responsible for the coordination of the materials management throughout AWPR with regards to receiving, issuing, procurement, processing and distribution of materials and services.
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the Procurement & Contracts Director.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Supervise assigned staff to the level determined by Senior Management.
- Develop and mentor progress of UAE National staff.
- Develops plans for procurement, inventory control, receiving and storage, and distribution throughout the medical region.
- Coordinates productive hours, space, equipment and expense as they relate to materials and services contracts.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves all purchase requests if stock is not available.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves all requests for non-stock purchases prior to procurement.
- Interacts directly with user departments regards to stock items that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Ensures adequate supply levels throughout the Facilities by utilizing the PAR level replenishment system.
- Reviews all PAR level utilization using the ORACLE or any other similar system.
- Reviews and approved stock adjustment requests prepared by the Inventory Control Officer or Store Supervisor.
- Trains new staff and offers re-training for all staff on regular basis.
- Acts as the chairperson of the Products Evaluation Committee at the Region.
- Ensures that the Warehouse and Stores follows established safe practices for receiving hazardous substances.
- Assists department directors in obtaining Material Safety Data Sheets on all hazardous materials used in AWPR.
- Undertakes similar or related tasks as directed by the line Director.
- Follow all AWPR EHS policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor or equivalent cademic and Professional Qualification.
Preferred: Master Degree.
- Experience of Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a varied Warehousing and Stores.
- An understanding of the purpose of Al Ain Wildlife Park, its mission and the outline function of each department within the organisation.
- A good knowledge of Warehousing best practice, processes and systems
- Advanced computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Give attention to details, be meticulous, with a sense of follow up and good reporting skills
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and use initiative in problem solving.
- Able to co-ordinate in a timely manner with various internal and external parties
- Strong analytical and statistical knowledge.
- Excellent skills in Data & case analysis, communication, influencing, facilitation, leadership of multi discipline teams, IT applications
- Innovative and a strategic thinker
About the Company
In a unique desert setting on the edge of Al Ain, a historic oasis settlement in the United Arab Emirates, the Al Ain Wildlife Park & Resort is a place for people to come and learn about arid land wildlife and conservation through vivid, first hand experience.
The aim is to evolve the resort AWPR into a showcase for sustainable living in harmony with nature and wildlife that will be known all over the world. As well as creating a highly attractive destination, we are also committed to the increasingly important and never ending scientific challenge of conserving desert and plant life.