Professional Training Course
This course is designed to provide basic electrical skills to those who need to perform first-line electrical maintenance tasks including the safe isolation, replacement and testing of a range of common electrical devices (motors, sensors, heating elements, solenoids, etc.) in a safe and effective manner. Importantly, the format of the course is specifically designed so that, when combined with suitable on-site consolidation of training, it will assist the maintenance manager in meeting the legal requirements for employee competence in electrical work.
Who should take this course
No prior electrical knowledge is assumed. The structure and content of the course is aimed at those who currently fulfil a maintenance role, for example mechanical fitters. Many companies use this course to help introduce flexibility to their workforce, as part of a multiskilling programme.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Practice safe working methods on electrical systems
- Understand the relevant regulative requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical principles and units
- Identify a wide range of electrical equipment & devices and understand their principles of operation / connections
- Understand the principles of earthing / protection and associated protective devices
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical systems, switchgear and circuit types
- Diagnose basic faults and recognise their associated symptoms
- Work with a range of cable types and carry out correct terminations and connections
- Recognise the most common industrial motor types and understand their operation, connections and maintenance requirements
- Use electrical test equipment effectively and carry out testing of a range of motors, solenoids, cables, etc. (using insulation, continuity, tong testers, etc.)
- Identify motor and power circuit faults
- Use circuit diagrams as an aid to maintenance
- Access electrical enclosures and replace fuses, reset overloads etc
- Perform electrical isolation, testing for dead, etc on a wide range of devices and circuits safely.
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.