The program consists of three modules covering the different phases of I&C from a non-mathematical and practical point of view. It includes the basic concepts, the engineering and the installation of control equipment.
Who should take this course
This certificate program is for those who want to learn about the I&C field in a condensed time frame and from a practical point of view and/or for those who simply want to communicate technically with I&C personnel. The program is designed to provide attendees with sufficient knowledge to move into the field of I&C. It is applicable to technical and supervisory personnel. It is presumed that participants come from a setting where they can apply the knowledge received.
The attendees will learn about:
- Basics of I&C, including different control functions, types of control loops, and continuous vs. discrete control.
- Identification and symbols used in I&C.
- Different types of field instrumentation, their principles of operation, their advantages and disadvantages and the application of the different types of sensors for flow, level, pressure and temperature measurements.
- Requirements for control rooms and the design of control panels.
- Concepts and implementation of alarm and trip systems.
- Different types of computer-based control systems, including PLCs and DCSs, as well as basic requirements for good operator interface.
- Documentation required for I&C for front-end engineering and detail design.
- Requirements for a successful installation, instrument checkout and controller tuning.
- Project implementation and project management.
- Decision-making tools, namely, Auditing, Evaluation of Plant Needs, Justification, and Control System Evaluation.
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.