Engineering and construction projects have a history of contractual disputes and conflict. These problems have reduced the efficiency and profitability of developments, and have not been to the benefit of either clients or contractors. Both engineering and construction tend to attract contractual problems because of the complex nature of the work itself, and also the complicated commercial arrangements involved.
The purpose of this course is to help delegates understand the reasons why such problems arise, and how to avoid them in the future. Many contracts are now being conducted in a different way to the traditional approach, with more openness between the parties, and this has, in some cases at least, reduced conflict and increased profitability for all parties.
Who should take this course
- Business managers
- Commercial staff
- Project Managers
- Project Engineers
- Procurement staff
- Legal staff
- All involved in disputes and their resolution
- All staff involved in selecting contracting strategies
- Staff new to engineering or construction contracting
- Experienced staff looking for a refresher, together with new ideas
- Staff from client/developer and contractor/subcontractor backgrounds
- Understand how contracts work, and why they sometimes cause problems
- Address some specific clauses and provisions that are a common source of problems
- Develop thinking around more collaborative approaches to working on engineering and construction contracts
- Recognise the dangers that such approaches bring, and how to minimise problems
- Look at engineering and construction contracting in an international context
- Understand how to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.