It is difficult to visualize any product that could reach a customer without logistical support. Yet it is only over the last few years that firms have started focusing on logistics and supply chain management as a source of competitive advantage. There is a realization that no company can do any better than its logistics system. This becomes even more important given that product life cycles are shrinking and competition is intense. Logistics and supply chain management today represents a great challenge as well as a tremendous opportunity for most firms.
In this course we will view the supply chain from the point of view of a general manager. Logistics and supply chain management is all about managing the hand-offs in a supply chain - hand-offs of either information or product. The design of a logistics system is critically linked to the objectives of the supply chain. Our goal in this course is to understand how logistical decisions impact the performance of the firm as well as the entire supply chain. You will have a solid understanding of the analytical tools necessary to solve supply chain problems. The key will be to understand the link between supply chain structures and logistical capabilities in a firm or supply chain.
Who should take this course
Anyone involved in Supply Chain Management.
- Understand the strategic importance of good supply chain design, planning, and operation for every firm.
- Understand how good supply chain management can be a competitive advantage, whereas weaknesses in the supply chain can hurt the performance of a firm.
- Identify the key drivers of supply chain performance and how these drivers may be used on a practical level during supply chain design, planning, operations to improve performance.
- Understand the role of transportation and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different modes of transportation.
- Understand the importance of information technology in a supply chain.
- Apply analytical methodologies through EXCEL in planning demand and supply in a supply chain.
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.