Professional Training Course
The overall objective of the course is to equip the participants with a thorough understanding of current trends on leadership in the public sector, the interface between good governance, development and the performance of organizations as well as the need for robust financial management systems that link planning, budgeting and results. In light of this, participants will be able to provide leadership in governance processes and financial management within their organizations.
The immediate objective of the course is to strengthen the capacity of senior and middle level officials from the public and private sector to take up leadership roles in a more effective and proactive manner, and to achieve better results in delivery of public services through improved governance structures and financial management systems and processes. It is expected that upon return to their organizations, participants will strengthen the leadership, governance and financial management practices, systems and processes and in the medium term enhance the performance of their organizations.
Who should take this course
This course is aimed at Senior and Middle Level Managers from the public sector and civil society organizations. The course is also beneficial for those working in bilateral and multilateral organizations, diplomatic missions and those managing development projects financed by development partners.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:-
- Analyze the role of leaders in developing and actualizing the vision for their organizations and countries and the choices that the New Public Sector has to make;
- Understand how to successfully implement and lead change initiatives in their organizations;
- Identify strategies to boost and sustain the performance of the organization and its employees;
- Understand the principles and practice of good governance;
- Explain the relationship between good governance and development;
- Strategically direct and control corporate governance processes in public sector institutions;
- Explain the principles of public sector financial management;
- Understand the budget cycle and the MTEF processes under "whole of government approach';
- Explain how approaches to public sector financial reforms affect their work;
- Undertake enterprise risk management and appreciate the importance of performance auditing and performance based budgeting;
- Carry out performance outcome based budgeting for their units, departments and projects.
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.