Engineers who need a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and solutions for protecting industrial power systems should attend this course.
PROT 405 provides an overview of the principles and schemes for protecting medium-voltage overhead lines and cables, transformers, buses, generators, and motors, and introduces the fundamentals of wide-area protection in industrial power systems. The course provides basic guidelines for relay application and settings calculation. It also reviews power system faults, industrial power system grounding methods, and instrument transformers.
Who should take this course
Engineers who need a comprehensive understanding of the design concepts and methods used in protecting industrial power systems.
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Identify the challenges and solutions to industrial power system protection problems
- Select the appropriate protection schemes for various applications
- Analyze power system faults for balanced and unbalanced conditions using symmetrical components
- Explain industrial power system topology and grounding methods
- Describe current and voltage transformers and their impact on protection scheme performance
- Identify, apply, and calculate settings for overcurrent devices in industrial power systems
- Describe directional overcurrent, distance, and pilot protection schemes
- Identify, apply, and calculate settings for transformer and bus protection schemes
- Identify, apply, and calculate settings for generator and motor protection schemes
- Identify and apply wide-area protection schemes for industrial power systems
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.