In international transactions, the parties may have different values and customs; they have to adhere to different sets of governmental regulations and are subject to separate and distinct laws under disparate legal systems. So, to take a very basic example, the Terms and Conditions which are applied locally may not be enforceable internationally.
Thus a new approach and an "international outlook" is required to be incorporated into the company ethos to take account of these important factors. In addition to tendering and contractual issues which can arise in domestic transactions, the parties must also learn to deal with all manner of subjects in the international context, such as logistics, export and import regulations, differing technical standards, foreign tax issues, payment, and foreign currency exchange. This fast paced seminar is an introduction to the area of Global Sourcing and International Contracting, designed to alert you to the many issues which are involved when one has to work in the international arena. Those who know how to deal with these issues have added a rich, exciting, and challenging aspect to their career as well as reduced operating costs for their organizations.
Who should take this course
- Purchasing, Projects and Contracts Professionals
- Supply management, operations, maintenance Professionals
- Engineering, Quality, and other activities that involve them or their staff in locating and dealing with suppliers around the world.
- Anyone who is now, or may be in the future, involved in sourcing goods or services outside their own country.
- Challenges presented by foreign currency exchange rates
- How to draft and develop International Contracts to protect your Organization's interests and reduce risk
- International Labour Rates
- The global sourcing process and methods of finding international suppliers
- How to select items and services for global sourcing.
- How to avoid the most common problems in changing suppliers
- Different approaches to global sourcing and the benefits and disadvantages of each.
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.