Professional Training Course
Your effectiveness as a warehouse supervisor has a significant impact on the success of your organization. Today's competitive and difficult economic environment means that a commitment to excellence must be present not only in your own work but also in the performance of the employees in your charge. That is a monumental task when you consider some of the problems you face as a warehouse supervisor:
Are your employee turnover rates higher than in any other departments?
Do you find disparate personal goals resulting from cultural diversity in the warehouse?
Are you suffering from wildly fluctuating workloads?
Warehouse supervisors face management problems that are unique to them. Traditional "supervisory" courses for new managers just don't fill the bill.
Your real key to success lies in how well you manage the warehouse employees under your supervision. Yet, if your days go according to the norm for most Warehouse Supervisors, you probably spend most of your time dealing with problems on the warehouse floor and only a small portion of your time actually supervising your employees. As a warehouse supervisor, you need specific information about how best to control your three basic resources-labor, equipment, and space. You need to know how to manage your information processes regarding materials handling, inventory, and storage in addition to knowing how to recognize and solve your unique warehouse problems.
You'll find practical approaches to these challenges as well as useful answers to your questions in this highly-effective seminar, Management skills for warehouse supervisors. Learn how to schedule work, how to make your workers want to work, how to delegate effectively, and even how to capture the attention and respect you need from upper management.
Who should take this course
- Both newly appointed and experienced supervisors and managers of warehouse and distribution centers
- Plant, inventory, and materials managers
- Physical distribution and other management personnel
- Shipping and store supervisors
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- The must-have information that you need at all times concerning materials handling, inventory and storage
- Effective ways to motivate your employees to be more productive
- Proven techniques for saving time in warehouse operations-and the in's and out's of implementing them
- How to make informed decisions regarding your three basic resources-labor, equipment and space
- Tested methods for measuring productivity and performance in warehouse operations
- Concrete ways to handle complaints in a positive manner
- How to apply leadership techniques successfully in a warehouse setting
- Sure-to-succeed methods for minimizing costs while maximizing space
- How to evaluate your own effectiveness
- The primary areas of your responsibilities that you must keep in mind
- Warehouse efficiency-the 10 commandments
- Knowing how you fit into the overall picture of your company and ways to upgrade your image
- How to hone your negotiating skills so that you can emerge with "win/win' situations instead of "win/lose" battles
- Easy-to-implement changes to improve lines of communication with your boss, peers, and employees
- Diagnosing the 9 most common symptoms of warehouse problems-and how to treat them
- A formula for presenting your ideas to management-so they will be accepted favorably
- techniques for motivating your employees
- How to take control of warehouse operations-immediately
- Evaluating how you fit into the overall picture of your company, and ways to upgrade your image
- How to hone your negotiating skills so that you can emerge from "win/win" situations instead of "win/lose" battles
- The necessary components of a successful disciplinary policy
About Course Provider
Global economics proves to us on a daily basis the organisational need for ‘fore-most’ and ‘leading’ talent in order to succeed in increasingly complex and competitive global markets. In order to achieve the ‘best’ possible result for organizations, developing the right talent is as much a necessity as hiring and retaining employees.
Who are we?
ZOE Talent Solutions is a global training and consulting firm that has been serving leading businesses in many countries. We specialise in capacity building and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and training sessions, in a wide array of disciplines.
What do we do?
ZOE assists organisations in identifying their most important goals, and guides management teams by working closely with each member, in making lasting improvements to their performance. This process thus promises a definite increase in revenue and savings and a higher Return On Investment (ROI). Over nearly a decade, our team has built a globally recommendable enterprise uniquely equipped skills including and not limited to coaching, facilitation , counselling and strategising.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.