Working with youth at risk means working with young people in situations that hinders their positive development. Such as: homelessness, drugs abuse, Sexual Transmitted Diseases, Juvenile delinquency. Besides working with youth in natural disasters and conflict areas.
The aim of this program is to help youth workers to understand the nature and the circumstances of youth at risk. The program presents approaches of managing young people at at risk, at risk policy development, and at risk program development.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Work effectively with young people at risk.
- Make use of strategies used for working with youth in natural disasters, homeless youth and refugees, young people in conflict areas.
- Understand the nature and the circumstances of young refugees, and the youth in conflict areas.
- Develop effective programs that guides and supports youth at risk.
- Understand the circumstances that leads to juvenile delinquency, and make use of crime prevention approaches.
Who should take this course
Youth workers at conflict areas. Professionals of organizations that targets homeless youth and refugees. Police department officers. Social and health awareness organizations. School and university social advisers. Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
Career options after graduation
Student Activities Coordinator Community Adviser
Certificate of Completion
- Youth At Risk Concept
- Youth at risk: nature and circumstances
- Risks that hinders youth development
- (Drugs Abuse, Juvenile Delinquency, STDs)
- Youth workers roles
- Working with young people at risk: strategies and approaches
- Conflict resolution skills in youth groups
- Youth at risk policy formulation and development
- Strategies for working with young people in natural disasters and conflict areas
- Working with homeless youth and refugees
- Best Practices of working with youth at risk
About Course Provider
Matsh is short abbreviation for The Arab Youth Development Center in Arabic. Matsh is youth development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people.
The Main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, Formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work in MENA region and providing developmental and management consultancy for youth development institutions.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.