About this Course:
This Course will teach you how to prepare efficient Excel model with advanced (powerful) formulas and function, Power Query /Pivot Tables and Excel VBA (all templates are available for download). Fully Dynamic Excel dashboard either with just Excel Formulas or next level Dashboard with Power Query and Pivot tables (no formulas used, refresh the dashboard with new data with just two clicks)
While this course will be utmost helpful to Accounting professionals, Auditors, business professionals, anyone can enroll in the course to learn:
- Advanced Formulas and function and how to work with mega formulas
- Using Power Query (Get and Transform) to automate multiple sheets into an insightful summary report (Pivot Tables Report)Using Excel VBA to control input and reduce errors, automate entire workflow saving precious time.
We will go through the specific example of Prepaid Expenditure in this course, details are given below:
- Prepaid Expenses are everywhere! The most common type of prepaid expenditures is Mobile Phone prepaid vouchers/data plans and Insurances.
- Accounting for Prepaid Expenses is fairly straightforward (and easy).
- Prepaid Expenditure Accounting activity is routine and critical for any Accountant. The accountant needs to accurately maintain the record of all prepaid expenses to computer accurate Profit or loss each period end (monthly/quarterly and yearly)
- And Therefore it is quite crucial to have a Robust Prepaid Expenses Schedule (for an Accountant/Analyst/Auditor) and Microsoft Excel is a great tool for this task
- I will teach you the basics of Prepaid expense accounting with a simple example (Accounting Journal entries)
- I will teach you hands-on techniques to maintain a robust prepaid expenses schedule from which you can derive accurately:
- The portion of Prepaid Expenses to be charged to Income Statement/Profit and Loss statement each month
- Prepaid Expenditure Balances for Monthly Balance Sheet Reviews
- Forecast or Budget Prepaid Expenses for future periods
- Impact on Cashflow of Business due to prepaid expenses spending (high or low)
- I have used Microsoft Excel as a tool to prepare three kinds of Prepaid Expenses Schedules (Models), I will walk you through step by step process on how to prepare and maintain prepaid expenses models/schedules during this you will learn:
- IF Function (nested IF), Date Functions, Lookup and Match Function, Named Ranges, Data validation, Array Formulas and much more
- How to combine above functions to create powerful formulas
- Use of Power Query (Get and Transform) and Pivot Tables
- Excel VBA
- At end of the course, you will have a clear and practical understanding of how prepaid expenses accounting works and how you can use Microsoft Excel efficiently to calculate accurate prepaid expenses charge, prepaid expenses balance and Forecast Prepaid Expenses for future periods.
- Techniques learned in this course can be easily applied in preparing various other Excel Models in your business.
- Basics of Double Entry Accounting System
- Basics of Microsoft Excel (also basics of Pivot Tables)
- A Computer with Microsoft Excel Installed (preferably: 2007 or later versions)
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
Any one who is interested
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Formulas and Functions to prepare Accounting Schedules (such as prepaid exps) and many other models
- Advanced Formulas, Tips and Techniques in Microsoft Excel for Accountants
- How to leverage awesome data transformation tool called Power Query (Get & Transform)
- How to Manage Prepaid Expenses accounting professional way (any other amortization schedule)
- Forecast and Budget Prepaid Expenses and its impact on three Financial Statements
- Maintaining utmost accuracy while closing month end books (Accountants) for Prepaid Exps
- Dynamic Data Visualization and Dashboard Preparation using Formulas and Functions
- Dynamic Dashboards and Data Visualization with Power Query (Next level Data modeling tricks)
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.