About this Course:
Hi there. I'm Marinda Botha.
Thank you for considering taking this course. The voice over industry can sound very glamorous but the truth is it takes a lot of hard work to achieve success in this business.
I have been in the voice over business for 14 years and 8 of those I spent working in the British voice over industry. I now work from my home recording studio in South Africa with numerous clients from across the world. I am also a lecturer with 6 years teaching experience. I hope this combination will serve you well.
Now in this course I start off quite technical looking at microphone technique but then we move on to the essence of voice over performance which I believe is acting. We look at dissecting your script using and ignoring punctuation finding your target audience and unearthing subtext from your script.
What tools do you need to enroll in this course? All you need is your computer and a willingness to learn. YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY A MICROPHONE. To be able to do the exercises you may use the microphone on your mobile phone or the one in your computer.
Acting for voice overs can be super fun. You can act the whole day long even though you may have a bad hair day and want to stand barefoot behind the microphone. You can! All the listener is interested in is the sound of your voice.
So if you are ready for the challenge and serious about becoming a professional voice actor please enroll. There are 7 lessons to complete and a bonus video on the end. Hop to it!
- You do not need any prior knowledge or experience other than a hunger for knowledge and the commitment to practice the techniques.
- Students interested in public speaking or those wishing to improve their overall articulation or inability to speak clearly in front of others are welcome to take this course.
For this course you don't need to buy a microphone. To be able to do the exercises you may use the microphone on your mobile phone or the one in your computer.
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
This 7 part course can be taken by complete beginners to advanced students.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Express and apply knowledge of the self-directing process for the audio performance
- Possess a basic command of vocal technique in response to various corporate and commercial voice over scripts and in performance.
- Express working knowledge of the actor's approach to analyzing the audio script.
- Express and demonstrate a technical know-how on microphone technique
- Want to become a professional Voice Over Actor?
- Fearing the microphone. Become tech-savvy!
- Your Target Audience. Speak to your one-person audience
- Marking your script
- Punctuation - When not to use it.
- Subtext- How to hook your listener
- Hold onto the meaning!
- Bonus Video: Being a foreign voice over artist
- What's next? Final thoughts
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.