Delve a little further beneath the surface of accountancy and explore the importance of ethics, corporate governance and business law within the field of business accounting.
Who should take this course
Designed as an entry-level qualification for those who have virtually no accounting experience, this 5th unit of the CIMA Certificate will help to lay the foundations for any prospective accountant, bookkeeper or small business owner.
It’s an entry-level qualification for which there are no pre-requisites. However to boost your chances of success a good understanding an appreciation for Mathematics and English would be beneficial.
The C05 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law 2011 course takes you beyond the number crunching to all the legalities involved and required in business accounting.
- Learn how and why ethics are important to society and why they play a pivotal role within business and the accountancy profession.
- Understand the importance of laws, regulations and business standards within a profession and how the upkeep of this framework can help towards the success of a business.
- Understand why lifelong learning and professional development is important for personal improvement and satisfaction levels.
- Explore the reasons behind code of ethics policies and why industry leaders including CIMA and IFAC adhere to theirs daily.
- Get familiar with “the seven principles of public life ’and indoctrinate yourself to stick to them everyday.
- Learn about the consequences of unethical behaviour, and gain an insight into good business ethics, with guidance on how to resolve any unethical issues.
- Define corporate governance and how it interacts with ethics and law of a business.
- Explore the various policies and procedures that can be adopted to ensure ‘best practice’
- Discover the legal systems that exist across the globe and compare their policies and operations to what is adopted in England. Learn more about the importance of international regulations.
- Familiarise yourself with simple contract terms, conditions and warranties.
- Differentiate between employees and contractors. Establish the various policies and legislations that are in place to protect them.
- Delve further and learn more about a company’s administration and finance including shareholders rights and their share capital. Know the powers of a Director, the duties of a Company Secretary and the various characteristics of the different types of Business.
About Course Provider
e-Careers comprises of passionate and talented educationalists who support over 325,000 students all over the world.
The institution consists of around 200 individuals, who all specialise in their own aspects of combining education with technology.
e-Careers has established relationships with many awarding bodies, instructors and educational institutions to bring its students training and qualifications in an E-Learning format.
e-Careers is a true \\"EdTech\\" institution.
e-Careers believes that technology and certain types of education must go hand in hand to ensure future human evolution.
e-Careers is an industry leader in the use of technology to DELIVER training and qualifications as well as contributing to the industry in ground breaking methods of E-Learning content DEVELOPMENT.
The ability to master both DELIVERY and DEVELOPMENT makes e-Careers a true EdTech institution.