Can be taken anytime
Professional Training Course
Special prices available
Linux has grown into an industry-leading software and service delivery platform that is used for everything from super computers and Web servers to virtualized systems and Android phones.
Linux professionals are high in demand: With this CompTIA Linux+ course, you’ll acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge required to successfully configure, manage and troubleshoot Linux systems.
Once certified, you’ll be qualified for jobs such as Junior Linux Systems Administrator and Linux Database Administrator, earning an average salary of £37,500.00 per year (source: itjobswatch.co.uk, UK Only) - as well as ready to build on these fundamentals and specialise in your preferred area with further CompTIA certifications.
The great thing about our CompTIA Linux+ Course is that you are in charge of your start and finish date, with no deadline pressures!
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
By achieving the CompTIA Linux+ certifications you will create more career opportunities and be better positioned when applying for work.
Enrol today and prepare for a future you deserve.
WHY STUDY WITH MY TRAINING ACADEMY?
- Flexible training - study anytime, anywhere and from any device.
- Expert Instructor-Led Training – our courses are delivered by the finest instructors with a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their field, which is why we have a 97.4% pass rate.
- Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations – allows students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
- Quizzes & Exam Simulators – custom practice exams to prepare students for their final exams. We offer practice quizzes after each module to ensure students are confident before proceeding to the next topic.
- Social Learning & Networking – world class learning management system allows students to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions, rate different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge.
- Flash Cards & Educational Games – allows students to train in ways that keep them engaged and focus.
- Navigation & Controls – allows you to study at your own pace.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED? Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don\'t have to put your life on hold to get certified.
MTA students structure their study to fit in with jobs, families, friends and leisure time. They study full time and part time; from home and work and on the move; online and on mobile devices.
Certificate of Completion
Module 1: Instructions
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Introduction to Building Labs
- 1.3 Things You Need to Do
- 1.4 Install Demo Virtual Box
- 1.5 Navigation
- 1.6 Commands with Lab Demo
- 1.7 Internal and External Commands
- 1.8 Overview of Shell Commands Tricks
- 1.9 Exploring Shell Configuration
- 1.10 Stream Redirection
- 1.11 Overview of Processing Text Using Filters
- 1.12 Overview File - Viewing Commands
- 1.13 Overview Using Grep
- 1.14 Sed Syntax and Summary
- 1.15 Overview of Exam Essentials
Module 2: Managing Software
- 2.1 Managing Software
- 2.2 Overview Using RPM
- 2.3 RPM Part 2
- 2.4 Overview Using Cpio
- 2.5 Overview Using Debian and Apt Cache
- 2.6 Using Apt-get
- 2.7 Debian Tools
- 2.8 Managing Shared Libraries
- 2.9 Overview Locating Library Files
- 2.10 Foreground and Background Processes
- 2.11 Managing Software Summary
Module 3: Configuring Hardware
- 3.1 Configuring Hardware
- 3.2 Configuring Devices
- 3.3 Configuring USB
- 3.4 Configuring Hard Disk
- 3.5 Designing Hard Disk Layout
- 3.6 Logical Volume Management
- 3.7 Creating Partitions Filesystems
- 3.8 Overview Using Fdisk
- 3.9 Overview Common Filesystem Types
- 3.10 Creating Filesystem
- 3.11 Overview Maintaining Filesystem Health
- 3.12 Configuring Hardware Summary
Module 4: Managing Files
- 4.1 Managing Files
- 4.2 File Archiving Commands
- 4.3 Managing Files Ownership
- 4.4 Managing Disk Quotas
- 4.5 Directories and Content
- 4.6 Overview Tools for Locating Files
- 4.7 Overview of Exam Essentials
Module 5: Booting Files
- 5.1 Booting Linux and Editing Files
- 5.2 Boot and Reboot
- 5.3 Understanding the Boot Process
- 5.4 Runlevels Process
- 5.5 Managing Runlevel Services
- 5.6 Editing with Vi
- 5.7 Booting Summary
Module 6: X
- 6.1 X Windows Systems
- 6.2 X Configuration Options
- 6.3 X Configuration Options Part 2
- 6.4 Configuring X Fonts
- 6.5 Configuring X ft Fonts
- 6.6 Overview Managing GUI Logins
- 6.7 Using X for Remote Access
- 6.8 X Accessibility
- 6.9 Addition Assistive Technologies
- 6.10 Configuring Localization and Internationalization
- 6.11 Querying and Setting Your Locale
- 6.12 Configuring Printing
- 6.13 Configuring Printing Part 2
- 6.14 Using Web-based CUPS Utilities
Module 7: Admin
- 7.1 Administering
- 7.2 Directly Modifying Account Configuration
- 7.3 Components of Account
- 7.4 Adding Groups
- 7.5 Tuning User and System Environments
- 7.6 Reviewing Log File Contents
- 7.7 Maintaining System Time
- 7.8 Admin Summary
Module 8: Basic Networking
- 8.1 Basic Networking
- 8.2 Network Addressing
- 8.3 Network Addressing Part 2
- 8.4 DNS Data Flow Zone and Resolution
- 8.5 Network Ports
- 8.6 Connections
- 8.7 Testing Connectivity
- 8.8 Wireshark Demo
- 8.9 Basic Networking Summary
Module 9: Scripts
- 9.1 Scripts, E-mail and Databases
- 9.2 Writing Scripts
- 9.3 Writing Scripts Part 2
- 9.4 Managing E-mail
- 9.5 Managing Data with SQL
- 9.6 Advantages of Database
- 9.7 Scripts Summary
Module 10: Security
- 10.1 Security
- 10.2 Controlling Access Via TCP Wrappers
- 10.3 Configuring Xinetd
- 10.4 Uninstalling or Reconfiguring Servers
- 10.5 Tools for Managing Passwords
- 10.6 Configuring SSH
- 10.7 SSH Keys
- 10.8 Controlling SSH Access
- 10.9 Using GPG
- 10.10 Security Summary
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS There are no formal entry requirements to study this course, however, it is recommended that you have completed CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and have 12 months of Linux admin experience.
MULTI-USER TRAINING PACKAGES This online course can be integrated in your professional training plan. M.T.A. can provide you with a tailored learning solution, that can be customised to meet each team member’s requirements. Choosing a multi-user training package, you can get significant discounts for 5+ users and even further discounts for 10+ users – and an excellent return on your investment.
About Course Provider
OUR MISSION: Our mission is to help you learn the skills you need to reach your full potential.
WHO WE ARE: We are one of the fastest growing online training providers. We offer engaging, effective and flexible online training solutions to both individuals and businesses.
We develop courses that help individuals to prepare for and complete their certification exams with ease. Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don’t have to put your life on hold to get certified. You can study full time or part time, from home or work or on the move; either on your PC or on your mobile devices.
We provide world class education developed by highly skilled and experienced instructors. Our courses are upgraded regularly to ensure our learners are up-to-date with the latest industry requirements and best practices.
WHAT WE BELIEVE: We believe technology has paved the way for individuals and businesses all over the world to tap into high quality learning at their fingertips, in order to build new skills, update their expertise in a particular area, or develop their workforce to gain a competitive edge within the market place.
Select a course now and prepare for the future you deserve.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.