Can be taken anytime
Professional Training Course
Special prices available
CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
IT security is paramount to organisations as cloud computing and mobile devices have changed the way we do business. With the massive amounts of data transmitted and stored on networks throughout the world, it’s essential to have effective security practices in place. That’s where CompTIA Security+ comes in.
You will learn how to ensure a network is secure, how to detect and deal with security threats, identify vulnerabilities and cryptography (the writing and solving of codes). The acquisition of the Network+ certification will mean that you have a superior understanding of various security- and networking-related matters.
Get the Security+ certification to show that you have the skills to secure a network and deter hackers and you’re ready for the job.
After completing this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in a professional IT environment and prepared for your CompTIA Security+ exam. Once certified, you’ll be qualified for jobs such as Internet Security Specialist and IT Security Consultant, earning an average salary of about £32,500.00 per year (source: itjobswatch.co.uk, UK Only), as well as ready to build on these fundamentals and specialise in your preferred area with further CompTIA certifications.
The great thing about our CompTIA Security+ course is that you are in charge of your start and finish date, with no deadline pressures!
We train our students to the very best standards, offering expert instructor-led training via our state of the art eLearning platform.
By achieving the CompTIA Security+ certification you will create more career opportunities and be better positioned when applying for work.
Enrol today and prepare for a future you deserve.
WHY STUDY WITH MY TRAINING ACADEMY?
- Flexible training - study anytime, anywhere and from any device.
- Expert Instructor-Led Training – our courses are delivered by the finest instructors with a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their field, which is why we have a 97.4% pass rate.
- Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations – allows students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
- Quizzes & Exam Simulators – custom practice exams to prepare students for their final exams. We offer practice quizzes after each module to ensure students are confident before proceeding to the next topic.
- Social Learning & Networking – world class learning management system allows students to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions, rate different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge.
- Flash Cards & Educational Games – allows students to train in ways that keep them engaged and focus.
- Navigation & Controls – allows you to study at your own pace.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED? Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don\'t have to put your life on hold to get certified.
MTA students structure their study to fit in with jobs, families, friends and leisure time. They study full time and part time; from home and work and on the move; online and on mobile devices.
Certificate of Completion
Topic A: System Maintenance
- Causes of Compromised Security
- Technology Weaknesses
- Configuration Weaknesses
- Policy Weaknesses
- Human Error and Malice
- Securing the Operating System
- Microsoft Update
- Windows Update Categories
- Demo – A-2: Updating the Operating System
- Patch Management
- Demo – A-3: Managing Software Patches
- Service Packs
- Demo – A-4: Checking for and Installing Service Packs
- BIOS Version
- BIOS Update
- Demo – A-5: Determining Whether You Need to Update your Computer’s BIOS
- Windows Firewall
- User Account Control
- Demo – A-6: Configuring Windows Firewall
Topic B: Application Security
- Application Vulnerabilities
- Demo – B-1: Managing Application Security
Topic C: Physical Security
- Physical Access Control
- Smart Card and Reader
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Biometric Devices
- Plant Security
- Cipher Lock
Topic D: Malware
- Malware Varieties
- Malware Effects Anti-malware
- Antivirus Software
- Anti-malware Products
- Demo – D-2: Installing Antivirus Software
- Windows Defender
- Demo – D-3: Scanning your System for Spyware
Topic E: Social Engineering
- Social Engineering
- Types of Social Engineering
- Social Engineering Countermeasures
- Demo – E-2: Examining Phishing
- Social Networking
Unit 01 Review
Unit 02 – Cryptography
Topic A: Symmetric Cryptography
- ROT13 Cipher
- Symmetric Encryption in Action
- Common Symmetric Ciphers
- Uses for Hashes
- MD5 Hash Algorithm
- Hash Vulnerabilities
- Demo – A-2: Calculating Hashes
- Demo – A-3: Sharing a Secret Message with Steganography
Topic B: Public Key Cryptography
- Public Key Cryptography
- Asymmetric Encryption in Action
- Common Asymmetric Ciphers
- Demo – B-1: Exploring Public Key Cryptography
- Digital Signatures
- Signature Process
- Features of Signatures
- Digital Certificates
- Certificate Types
- Demo – B-2: Examining Certificates
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Certificate Policy
- Certificate Practice Statement
- Trust Models
- Single-authority Trust Model
- Hierarchical Trust Model
- Web of Trust Model
- Demo – B-3: Examining Certificate Trusts Single- and Dual-key Certificates
- Quantum Cryptography
Unit 02 Review
Unit 03 – Authentication
Topic A: Authentication Factors and Requirements
- Three Steps to Secure Resources
- Authentication Factors
- One-factor Authentication
- Two-factor Authentication
- Three-factor Authentication
- Identification and Authentication
- Identity Proofing
- Single Sign-on
Topic B: Authentication Systems
- Authentication Protocols
- NTLM Challenge-response
- NTLM Vulnerabilities
- Kerberos System Composed of:
- Kerberos Data Types:
- Kerberos Authentication Process
- Cross-realm Authentication
- Kerberos Security Weaknesses
- Null Sessions
Topic C: Authentication System Variables
- Authentication Vulnerabilities
- Secure Passwords
- Password Realities
- Least Privilege
- Demo – C-1: Identifying Authentication Vulnerabilities
- Demo – C-2: Capturing Passwords with a Protocol Analyzer
- Password Cracking
- Password Guessing
- SAM and SYSTEM Files
- Demo – C-3: Cracking Passwords
Unit 03 Review
Unit 04 – User – and Role-based Security
Topic A: Baseline Security Policies
- Security Baselines
- Demo – A-1: Using MBSA to Analyse Security
- Group Policy Settings
- Local GPO Types
- GPO Editor
- Local Computer GPO Nodes
- Demo – A-2: Creating a Console to Manage Local Security Policies
- Policy Properties Dialog Box
- Container Types
- Types of Domain GPOs
- GPOs Applied in this Order
- Demo – A-3: Using the GPMC
Topic B: Resource Access
- Demo – B-1: Creating Users and Groups Based on Security Needs
- File System Security
- Access Control Models
- Demo – B-2: Securing File Resources
Unit 04 Review
Unit 05 – Peripheral Security
Topic A: File and Disk Encryption
- File and Disk Encryption
- File-level Encryption
- Demo – A-1: Enabling File-based Encryption
- Whole Disk Encryption
- Windows BitLocker
- BitLocker Life Cycle
- Other Disk Encryption Tools
- Demo – A-2: Creating an Encrypted Volume
- Demo – A-3: Mounting, Using, and Dismounting an Encrypted Volume
Topic B: Peripheral and Component Security
- Peripherals and Components
- USB Drives
- Shredding Standards
- Demo – B-2: Using Windows Policies to Mitigate the Risks of Peripherals
Topic C: Mobile Device Security
- Mobile Device Risks
- Additional Concerns
- Mitigating Risks
- Screen Lock
- Android Security Settings
- Risks and Threats
Unit 05 Review
Unit 06 – Public Key Infrastructure
Topic A: Public Key Cryptography
- Setup and Initialization Phase
- Administration Phase
- Cancellation and Key History
- Administrative Responsibilities
Topic B: Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certificate Services
- AD Integration Options
- Demo – B-1: Installing a Standalone Root Certificate Authority
- Demo – B-2: Installing an Enterprise Subordinate CA
- Demo – B-3: Implementing a File-based Certificate Request
- Demo – B-4: Managing your Certificate Server
- User Certificates
- Demo – B-5: Requesting a User Certificate
- Certificate Revocation
- Demo – B-6: Revoking a Certificate
- Key Escrow and Recovery
- Key Recovery Agent
- Demo – B-7: Enabling the EFS Recovery Agent Template
- Demo – B-8: Enrolling for a Recovery Agent Certificate
- Demo – B-9: Enabling Key Archival
- Demo – B-10: Re-enrolling All Certificates
Topic C: Web Server Security with PKI
- Securing Web Servers
- Commercial Certificate
- Demo – C-1: Requesting and Installing a Web Server Certificate
- Demo – C-2: Enabling SSL for the Certificate Server Website
- HTTPS Connections
- Demo – C-3: Making a Secure Connection
- Demo – C-4: Requesting a Client Certificate via the Web
Unit 06 Review
Unit 07 – Application and Messaging Security
Topic A: Application Security
Apption Security - Programmer’s Perspective - Administrator’s Perspective - User’s Perspective - Application Attacks
Topic B: E-mail Security
- E-mail Security
- E-mail Application Security
- Demo – B-2: Configuring an E-mail Client to Use Secure Authentication
- Signed and Encrypted Mail
- PGP Certificates
- X.509 Certificates
- PGP vs. S/MIME
- Demo – B-3: Examining S/MIME Features
- Using PGP
- Demo – B-4: Installing Gnu Privacy Guard and Enigmail
- Demo – B-5: Creating an OpenPGP Certificate and Key Pair
- Signed Message
- Demo – B-6: Sending a Signed Message
Topic C: Social Networking and Messaging
- Social Networking
- Instant Messaging
- IM Ports
Unit 07 Review
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Although there are no formal prerequisites, it is recommended that you earn the CompTIA Network+ certification before studying the CompTIA Security+ course.
MULTI-USER TRAINING PACKAGES This online course can be integrated in your professional training plan. M.T.A. can provide you with a tailored learning solution, that can be customised to meet each team member’s requirements. Choosing a multi-user training package, you can get significant discounts for 5+ users and even further discounts for 10+ users – and an excellent return on your investment.
About Course Provider
OUR MISSION: Our mission is to help you learn the skills you need to reach your full potential.
WHO WE ARE: We are one of the fastest growing online training providers. We offer engaging, effective and flexible online training solutions to both individuals and businesses.
We develop courses that help individuals to prepare for and complete their certification exams with ease. Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don’t have to put your life on hold to get certified. You can study full time or part time, from home or work or on the move; either on your PC or on your mobile devices.
We provide world class education developed by highly skilled and experienced instructors. Our courses are upgraded regularly to ensure our learners are up-to-date with the latest industry requirements and best practices.
WHAT WE BELIEVE: We believe technology has paved the way for individuals and businesses all over the world to tap into high quality learning at their fingertips, in order to build new skills, update their expertise in a particular area, or develop their workforce to gain a competitive edge within the market place.
Select a course now and prepare for the future you deserve.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.