Performance reviews are an essential component of employee development. The performance review meeting is an important aspect of career planning, and the outcomes of the meeting should be known to the employee and supervisor before the meeting actually takes place.
Remember what the German philosopher Goethe said:
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of being. '' Setting goals and objectives to aim for will give both supervisors and employees a focus, and is one of the key aspects to meeting overall company objectives. Supervisors must also learn how to give feedback, both positive and negative, on a regular and timely basis so that employees can grow and develop. Performance appraisals involve all these activities.
This will help you know how to:
- To recognize the importance of having a performance review process for employees.
- How to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
- Skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
- An effective interview process and the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
- How to make the performance review legally defensible.
Who should take this course
The following 11 subjects form the core of the courses:
- Session One: Course Overview.
- Session Two: Performance Appraisals Done Well
- Session Three: Errors We Make
- Session Four: Types of Performance Reviews
- Session Five: The Performance Management Process
- Session Six: Goals with SPIRIT
- Session Seven: The Performance Management Cycle
- Session Eight: Setting Standards
- Session Nine: Creating a Performance Development Plan
- Session Ten: Feedback and Communication
- Session Eleven: Listening Skills
- Session Twelve: Communication Strategies
- Session Thirteen: Giving Feedback
- Session Fourteen: Accepting Criticism
- Session Fifteen: Planning the Interview
- Session Sixteen: The Interview
- Session Seventeen: Goal Setting Role Play
- Session Eighteen: Providing Feedback
- Session Nineteen: Coaching.
- Session Twenty: Appraisal Preparation
- Session Twenty-One: The Interview
- Session Twenty-Two: Maintaining Performance
- Session Twenty-Three: Handling Performance Problems
- Session Twenty-Four: The Part Where Someone Gets Fired
- Session Twenty-Five: Pre-Assignment Review
- Session Twenty-Six: Performance Management Checklists
About Course Provider
Cudoo is the world’s first One-for-One e-Learning community offering 800+ online courses in Languages and Professional Development Skills. We’re all about online learning, but we’re also about making a lasting difference!
We believe that education has the power to change lives, and empowering people through education has always been at the center of what we do.
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.