About this Course:
Without exception, the reciprocating piston engine is the most influential machine ever invented by mankind. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionised the way we live, work and travel. This course will teach you about this truly amazing machine.
You will learn:
- How An Engine Works
- How Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engines Work
- The Difference Between Petrol/Gasoline and Diesel Engines
- Engine Components (Piston Rings, Rocker Arms, Valves etc.)
- Engine Systems (Water, Oil, Air, Exhaust and Electrical)
- Engine Terminology (BDC, TDC, Firing Order etc.)
- How Engine Ancillaries Work (Turbocharger, Supercharger etc.)
And a lot lot more!
Note that this course focuses more on the diesel fired engine type rather than the petrol/gasoline type, but gives a general good overview concerning the internal combustion (IC) engine. The video is part of the Mechanical Engineering video series.
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning combustion engine knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (oil, gas, marine, power etc.), I can guarantee you will have never taken an engineering course like this one (unless you have taken one of my other courses!).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you each individual engine component and how components work together to complete useful work. I strongly recommend you checkout the free preview videos before signing-up because I know you won't be disappointed.
The course is packed with 2D images, 2D animations and 3D animations. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Don't waste more time reading this course description, check-out the free preview videos and the curriculum, then make an informed decision. I hope to see you on the cour
- A desire to learn.
- Some engineering knowledge is beneficial, but lessons are explained in depth to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up.
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
Any one who desires to learn it.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Identify all common engine components.
- Know common engine terminology.
- Know how four and two stroke engines work.
- Know how the engine oil, water, fuel air, exhaust and electrical systems work.
- Identify a diesel or petrol engine just by looking at it.
- Learn why diesel engines are more efficient.
- Learn how a turbocharger works (and supercharger).
- And much much more!
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.