Good accounting practices and procedures are needed in every business and organisation. Details of trading transactions need to be accurately recorded so that you know what your financial situation is at any time.
In this free online accounting diploma course, you will learn about the core practices involved in recording various details, from understanding debits and credits and using simple T-accounts to closing out the accounts at the end of an accounting period, producing the statement of retained earnings and balance sheet. Detailed examples are worked through on a transaction-by-transaction basis, helping you understand how and why each step is necessary.
After reviewing day-to-day accounting procedures, you are introduced to the more formal theory of accounting, the assumptions, principles and modifying conventions, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) conceptual framework and the main objectives of financial reporting.
This online accounting course will be of great interest to entrepreneurs and business professionals who would like to get a thorough introduction to accounting practices and theory, and to any learner who is interested in accounting as a future career.
Who should take this course
Having studied City Business School's Diploma in Accounting Core Practices and Theory course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the three basic forms of business organisations;
- Determine the effects of individual transactions on the financial statements;
- List and describe the four main financial statements;
- Classify and record financial transactions;
- List and execute the steps in the accounting cycle;
- Work with t-accounts and journals;
- Describe how to use adjusting entries;
- Describe how to close out a set of accounts using a worksheet;
- Describe how to prepare a classified balance sheet;
- Identify and discuss the underlying assumptions, major principles and modifying conventions of accounting.
All course materials are included in the course fee
All our qualifications are assessed on the basis of written course works.
About Course Provider
City Business School offers students a well-balanced college experience via online courses. We are nimble enough to honor your individual needs as a student while our years of experience provides exceptional online training that will help you achieve your career and life goals. At CBS, we get to know you and celebrate your successes. Then, we help you turn those successes into a fulfilling career.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.