Educational psychology is concerned with how students learn and develop. It emphasises trends in educational development while also focusing on educational diversity. For teachers and trainers to fulfill their instructional role most effectively, their teaching methods must be grounded in educational psychology. Educational psychology provides a framework for teachers and trainers to plan, create and deliver effective lessons, and assess each student's learning.
In this online course, you will explore the topic of educational psychology in detail. Key development theories related to the learning process are examined and practical classroom examples are supplied to engage the you throughout the course. Vital material about student diversity is also presented, including strategies and information about working with students with special educational needs.
This online course will be of great interest to professionals in the education sector who would like a greater knowledge and understanding of educational psychology.
Who should take this course
Having completed this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the process of learning in terms of educational learning theory;
- Differentiate between the two major learning theories: behaviorism and constructivism;
- Compare and contrast the two subtypes of constructivism: psychological constructivism and social constructivism;
- Identify various psychologists, philosophers and researchers associated with educational learning theory;
- Provide everyday examples of development related theories in practice;
- Discuss trends in student development;
- Identify key cognitive, social and moral development theories;
- Discuss physical, social, academic and cognitive difference in gender roles;
- Identify how cultural differences affect a student's educational experience;
- Describe the fundamentals of special education;
- Describe the main types of disabilities encountered in the mainstream classroom;
- Generate a basic individual education plan for a student with special educational needs;
- List practical strategies for assisting and teaching students with special educational needs.
All course materials are included in the course fee
All our qualifications are assessed on the basis of written course works.
About Course Provider
City Business School offers students a well-balanced college experience via online courses. We are nimble enough to honor your individual needs as a student while our years of experience provides exceptional online training that will help you achieve your career and life goals. At CBS, we get to know you and celebrate your successes. Then, we help you turn those successes into a fulfilling career.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.