It is impossible to be part of an organization today and not attend meetings. Staff meetings, project meetings, and planning and coordinating meetings all take time. There has been a growing realization that we have to pay attention to the process elements of meetings if we want them to be effective. With its focus on asking rather than telling, and listening to build consensus, facilitation is the new leadership ideal, the core competency everybody needs. Managers and supervisors are often asked to facilitate rather than instruct or manage their meetings and training sessions. How can you facilitate, rather than control, group decision-making and team interaction? With no formal training, people may find it difficult to make the transition from instructors or managers to facilitators.This course has been created to make core facilitation skills better understood and readily available for your organization. It represents materials and ideas that have been tested and refined over twenty years of active facilitation in all types of settings.
Who should take this course
The following 11 subjects form the core of the courses:
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: Understanding Facilitation
- Module Three: Process vs. Content
- Module Four: Laying the Groundwork
- Module Five: Tuckman and Jensen's Model of Team Development
- Module Six: Building Consensus
- Module Seven: Reaching a Decision Point
- Module Eight: Dealing with Difficult People
- Module Nine: Addressing Group Dysfunction
- Module Ten: About Intervention
- Module Eleven: Intervention Techniques
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
About Course Provider
Cudoo is the world’s first One-for-One e-Learning community offering 800+ online courses in Languages and Professional Development Skills. We’re all about online learning, but we’re also about making a lasting difference!
We believe that education has the power to change lives, and empowering people through education has always been at the center of what we do.
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.