Taught by a team of electrical engineers from Stanford and IIT Madras.
An Internet-Of-Things course for everyone - accessible yet serious to take you from absolute beginner to a solid intermediate level - built around Home Automation using Raspberry Pi.
This is a course is for everyone. You need not be an electrical engineer or an engineer at all. We explain all engineering or automation concepts from absolute scratch.
This is an Internet-of-Things course not merely a Raspberry Pi course. This is important because we think too many courses end up becoming like manuals for the Raspberry Pi or the Arduino or some specific hardware device. This course is careful to generalize
The course takes you to a solid intermediate level. The objective is to get you to a point where if you imagine a really cool IoT application you will be able to independently figure out how to implement it.
We focus on Home Automation using Raspberry Pi for our use-cases. This is so that you can immediately put it to use around the home (turn that music down without getting off the couch!)
As with all our courses this one too is quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition zooming out so we remember the big picture active learning with plenty of quizzes. There's also a peppy soundtrack and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
Internet of Things : Sensors Actuators Microcontrollers Arduino Raspberry Pi Physical Computing Smart homes
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Components System on a Chip (SOC) Input Output Interfaces SD Card / Secondary Storage Choice of Operating Systems RISC/CISC Architectures x86 vs ARM Raspbian OS installation Raspbian tour Linux Shell commands overview Installing softwares Connecting to the Internet
Physical Computing: Sensors (Photoresistors Ultrasonic sensors motion sensors temperature and humidity sensors) Relays LEDs Push buttons Basics of circuit design Ohm's law RC circuit GPIO pins Serial and Parallel interfaces UART SPI I2C Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Python (RPi DOT GPIO) WiringPi Node js (RPi-GPIO)
Home Automation projects: Measuring Distance Measuring Light Intensity Controlling switches with sensors Controlling switches over local and external networks
- No real prerequisites. Beginner level understanding of electric circuits and programming might help but its not mandatory
- If you intend to do the physical computing projects go ahead and purchase a Raspberry Pi - but the course does give you advice on things you might need to get for your automation projects so you can wait to decide as well.
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
- Yep! Anyone who is interested in Internet of Things Physical computing hardware hacking and wants to get their hands dirty with real projects
- Yep! Non-engineers / Non-tech persons who are interested in home automation projects or Raspberry Pi
- Yep! People who are looking to understand the details of IoT and want to think of new startup ideas in the IoT space or work in this space
- Yep! Engineers who have book knowledge but want some help with practical application of electronics concepts
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Understand what the internet of things and physical computing are
- Know their way around a Raspberry Pi
- Use the Raspberry Pi in Home Automation projects
- Think of different IoT applications and visualize the components needed to build them
- Do cool things like control switches in their home with their smartphone
- What this course is about
- What is the Internet of Things? i's Anatomy
- Getting Started
- Coding with Python - It's easy as Pi
- Physical Computing with the Raspberry Pi
- Let's have some fun! Home Automation projects
- For Arduino lovers: WiringPi
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.